Rear Noise Problem - WITH VIDEO

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TozeKituki

Reaction score
Hey.

I´ve got this weird sound on the back of my Warrior :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIdqw35Ka8

I´ve lubed up everything but the noise won´t go away so I´m thinking that it might be the bearings or something like that.

Any help is welcome.

Good Rides.

Last edited:
I don't hear anything lol ... but the video is private, so you should change that so we can view it.

So the squealing noise is when you compress the suspension, but what are you doing to get that popping noise? btw, sounds like a bad bushing/bearing somewhere...

So the squealing noise is when you compress the suspension, but what are you doing to get that popping noise? btw, sounds like a bad bushing/bearing somewhere...

The suspension wasn´t making all of this noise before, I would just get a normal compression sound and that popping sound that you heard it was me moving the bike side to side, I also think it´s a bearing.

Does your suspension makes all of this noise ?

Last edited:
Try spraying some WD-40 on the upper and lower shock bearings. I`ve had that noise on a few of my customers Warriors and that usually does the trick.

The noise on compression sounds like just a suspension noise like ag2560 is saying. However, the popping noise sounds like swing arm pivot bearings.

and no, my rear suspension is silent, but my front shock bushings make a similar noise.

The noise on compression sounds like just a suspension noise like ag2560 is saying. However, the popping noise sounds like swing arm pivot bearings.

and no, my rear suspension is silent, but my front shock bushings make a similar noise.

Can it be rear axle bearings ? And is there any way to detect that the bearing is gone ?

Cause I don´t want to try one thing and then see that it wasn´t that and then spend more money in another thing that I´m also not sure if it´s the problem source.

Try spraying some WD-40 on the upper and lower shock bearings. I`ve had that noise on a few of my customers Warriors and that usually does the trick.

Maybe it will work, I will give it a try and I will tell you the results.

Thanks for the tip.

Move the grab bar side to side to make that popping noise. You'll be able to see the swingarm move independent of the frame if that is the problem. If it's the axle, the axle will move independent of the frame and swingarm. Just look for anything with play in it. You could also set the frame of the quad up on something and then let the swingarm hang with no weight on it and shake it by hand. It should be easy to see movement and where it is coming from.

wd-40 on the shock bushings will get ride of the squeal. Went and watched the video again, I'm calling swingarm pivot bearings to be the problem.

Latest posts

Back