Swingarm bolt.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo

Reaction score
Well I'm in a pickle. Removing the swingarm to put in new bearings and its stuck. I believe the bearings are broke so its jamming it. I tried heating it, lubing it and bruit force. I even cut off the bolt head to try to force it the other way. It moves very little. I'm out of ideas and hope someone can give me an idea.

Get between the the frame and the swinger and cut the bolt there to pull the swinger out.

Get between the the frame and the swinger and cut the bolt there to pull the swinger out.

I was thinking about that but im working with a cutting wheel. Would be nice if i had a sawzall....

What would you recommend using to cut the bolts with then. and from what angle

Well i guess im SOL. The only way it will come out right now i guess is to cut the swing arm itself and ruin it and i dont want to do that inless i find a cheap +2. So for now i guess ill leave the bolt in and hope it brakes free some day and now when im riding since i cut the head off.

Your only hope is to take it down to the frame and swing arm and put it in a press or use a BIG sledge on it. I personally wouldn't hold the punch... Ive got a indentation from having a buddy swing while I braced the frame and he missed.. Shin still hurts.

Your only hope is to take it down to the frame and swing arm and put it in a press or use a BIG sledge on it. I personally wouldn't hold the punch... Ive got a indentation from having a buddy swing while I braced the frame and he missed.. Shin still hurts.
Sounds like alot of work to just replace the bearings lol.

Well i tryed another thing. I strapped the warrior to a pole and hooked up my come-alone to the bolt followed by a washer and the nut. hooked it up to my truck and started ratcheting on it and got the bolt to move about another 3cm. till i stripped the nut. I should have the bolt out within a month the way its moving. But right now back to the drawing board.

I usually cut the bolt flush to the frame get a good sharp brill bit a little smaller than the bolt. Drill it out as much as possible then use a die grinder to finish it off. It`s a little messy but it always works.

I usually cut the bolt flush to the frame get a good sharp brill bit a little smaller than the bolt. Drill it out as much as possible then use a die grinder to finish it off. It`s a little messy but it always works.

Yeah i get what your saying. Ill have to see if i can find someone with the grinder or ill try to use my dremel

Last edited:
Back