Said goodbye to #5 today and picked up a low hour 99 Wolverine 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to perform the best with the 45 pilot
145 main
And needle clip on 3rd notch so that's where I'm gonna leave it for now.
The blue smoke has me thinking rich cause it smells really gassy and nothing like oil I know cause the bear tracker smokes pure white and stinks like burnt oil when I'm riding behind it

It only blows blue at wot otherwise it don't smoke at all under load while riding

It's Wierd cause I can move the throttle from 1/2 -3/4 back and forth while riding and it does nothing for like 5 seconds the all of a sudden it opens up and takes off like a raped ape!
And when I rev it in neutral it revel perfect all through the range with no hesitation

Must have to do with the engine being under load, and there being a higher demand on the carb. Sounds like it could use to go richer in the midrange.

Well I just tried a 147.5 main and it actually made it better still has the lag but it doesn't take as long before it clears up and takes off and it's a even more powerful than before
So now it's a 45 pilot 147.5 main needle clip on stock position air/fuel screw 1.5 turns out. middle of air box lid open and a moose racing foam replacement filter on stock cage
Now gonna try the closed air box lid and see if it gets better yet then if it does it will probably need a 150 main
I just don't know why it was jetted so extremely lean now I know why he said it was to slow for him

Closed air box lid a tad more improvement
So I guess it will need a 150 main
Man I'm surprised the previous owner didn't burn a valve with it as lean as it was

Go with the warrior BTM. I still got my spare if you want it. It will need some replacement parts though.

Latest posts

Back