Said goodbye to #5 today and picked up a low hour 99 Wolverine 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
yrysa7eq.jpg
guqygaju.jpg
avu2era3.jpg
ymedydem.jpg

Wow! Let #5 go huh. I bet that was tough. That wolverine looks pretty nice though. I had a lot of regrets letting go of my warrior, but lets face it, we aren't getting any younger, at least I'm not anyway. I do miss the **** out of my warrior but I now have a 4x4 that rides plush, outruns a stock warrior with ease and is a lot more forgiving on my back. It makes for a different kind of riding experience, but I can ride for hours now and not be in pain for days afterward. Hope you enjoy that wolverine!

Yeah it took me a good couple hours after talking with the guy to let it go but it's true I'm not getting any younger and I been wanting a Wolverine 4x4 for awhile now
She cleaned up well

apedaqab.jpg

I know it's hard to believe right now, but you made the right decision. I can use my utility quad for work and play and it is far more useful around here than the warrior ever thought of being. I can't quite recall the last time I hauled around a trailer full of rock or dirt with the warrior or hooked the car trailer to the warrior to move it out of the way. And you can always bump up the performance on your 4x4 if you so desire. Blasting through deep ass mud boggs has it's upside also, it is very therapeutic. But if I had the chance and the price was right, I'd get another warrior in a heart beat.

:eek: does the wolverine ride better than the warrior?
Are you still going to stay on the forum?

:eek: does the wolverine ride better than the warrior?
Are you still going to stay on the forum?

I can answer both of these. No, it does not ride better then the Warrior. Stock for stock, the Wolvy has the least impressive suspension of the two. And yes, Ed will still be here. You don't need to own a Warrior to be a part of this forum. You just need a YFM350 based machine, which the Wolvy is. Hell, you don't even have to own a freakin Yamaha to be here! lol

Damn right I'll still be here you guys are family lol
It does need a few minor things like the u joint replaced in the front shaft (it's off right now) rear axle bearings need replaced and right front wheel hub bearings but other than that she is solid

Damn right I'll still be here you guys are family lol
It does need a few minor things like the u joint replaced in the front shaft (it's off right now) rear axle bearings need replaced and right front wheel hub bearings but other than that she is solid

I JUST did the front u-joints in my Wolvy yesterday!! Very easy, Ed. You'll need a ball peen, and some type of u-joint/ball joint remover/installer. It is a bitch to get the engine mounted yoke off, only because there was very little clearance to get my ball joint remover in there. You may be better off cutting the u-joint of the engine mounted yoke. Once you do that, you can take a large ball peen and a punch, or drift, and whack the two old cups out of the yoke on the engine. I used a 4.5" angle grinder with cut off wheel to do the above to the front u-joint. Made things so much easier in the frame. You're honestly better off just cutting the joint out of both yokes, then knocking the cups out. Installing was super easy. Spray lube in the cap bores, and get to assembling them. Matter of fact, I used a large C clamp to install the a few of the cups, and a small ball peen on the others. You can get the u-joints for $22 each on ebay.

Also, I did the front wheel bearings as well, and although I used cheaper bearings, they were new, and the front wheels still rock. They're not bad to do though.

The u joint is already out of the yoke on the motor just need to tap 1 cap out of the yoke on the shaft and it will be ready for a new u joint

The u joint is already out of the yoke on the motor just need to tap 1 cap out of the yoke on the shaft and it will be ready for a new u joint

You going to replace the front one as well? Better off. New ones come with zerks.

sorry for being off topic but how does this elite thing work? I see it in everyones signature and I saw the threads for the elites. Do people vote for the best machine or Do you just post pics in the elite section?

Last edited:
Oh and does the wolverine have an oil cooler? if not could you do the big bear mod?

Back