Proper sprocketry for my rear :D

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
hey guys got another question for ya. im running 18X10.5-9 rear tires with 14/39 sprockets.doing a quick search tells me this is suited for more of a large rear tire setup.Anyone got input into what size would suit my setup best?

I run 20" tires and a 14 tooth front sprocket and 40 tooth rear. It's geared a bit lower than stock warriors with 22" tires but the difference is minimal. So I would say go to a 15 tooth front. But if you like better acceleration keep what you have or go smaller . But if you want close to stock gearing I would go up a tooth on the front.

Bigger front sprocket = more speed & less acceleration
Smaller front sprocket = less speed & faster acceleration

Stock gearing is 13 - 40

With your mods you should have great accel with 15 tooth front sprocket.

ok thanks ill give a 15t a try asap. Got more **** for it on the way should be a fun week.

not yet im waiting for my led headlight and tail light and direct shifter first to see if it fixes my shifting to 6th issue.

It has amazing accel as is right now tho im not sure i would want to loose any over abit of top speed.Only complaint as is:first is literally a crawler speed almost no use for it except pulling stuff.We will see what a 15t gives in like a week or so i will update post.

so tried a 15t sprocket and it still will rev itself to death in 6th and my acceleration hasn't really gone down at all.maybe go up another tooth? its like this thing has to much power for its own good im at top speed in like 4 seconds.not sure of top speed but i was passing ppl on the highway while going down a service street... ppl in this area don't go under 120 km/h on highway whats the top speed supposed to be stock ?

so tried a 15t sprocket and it still will rev itself to death in 6th and my acceleration hasn't really gone down at all.maybe go up another tooth? its like this thing has to much power for its own good im at top speed in like 4 seconds.not sure of top speed but i was passing ppl on the highway while going down a service street... ppl in this area don't go under 120 km/h on highway whats the top speed supposed to be stock ?

A stock warrior does around 56mph.

Last edited:
I just went to a calculator online and a 15 tooth front sprocket with 39 tooth rear and 18" tires will give you 54.9 mph (88.3 kph) and a 16 tooth front with 39 tooth rear will give you 58 mph (94 kph) at 8000 rpm

And 14-39 sprockets will give you 51 mph(82 kph)

no way in hell am i only doing 80km/h haha. 120 is 74.5 mph. ill bring the gps next time to be sure but im 100% that i hit atleast 110 km/h being 68 mph.

What type of riding are you doing? I raced desert last year and ran 14/40 gearing, racing tracks with that gearing i didnt like it so much so i went back to stock 13/40 and its much better for the track. I have a friend running 12/40 on his raptor 350 was just as fast as mine with mine quad sputtering.

im tuning it now but im doing mostly trail riding.For me its more about adventure. i will be ice racing it for sure if i can get to the location this year as for track racing i wouldnt even know where to start, But boy would i be down for it though ;)

For trail riding you want to find a happy medium, you want a good top end but also dont want to lose any low end. The only thing i didnt care for with my 14/40 gearing was when i would try to crawl up hills i would have to be in the gas a little more. That wasnt a problem when i was racing but when i was just out play riding is when it kinda bothered me.

no way in hell am i only doing 80km/h haha. 120 is 74.5 mph. ill bring the gps next time to be sure but im 100% that i hit atleast 110 km/h being 68 mph.

I thought that number was a bit fishy. I have no Clue about km as I'm from the us. 68mph is as fast as a stock 400ex. That's pretty good. And a banshee is around 74 stock

yea im not to connoisseur in the gearing thing ive usually kept my things stock.except my sled and warrior.I will be pinning the tires i have now for ice racing and installing 20 inch tires on it for more clearance so i may end up going back down a tooth. We shall see

Last edited:
I'm running 15/38 on 18s and I know how you mean about it just being explosive to top speed. I run tracks all the time so it's perfect maybe a tad low geared but good enough.

Back