I'm new.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt337

Reaction score
I recently got a warrior. I've ridden a couple in the past and really enjoyed them. i was wondering if I could get any advice as far as bore kits. Also is it possible to make the warrior competitive against a 400ex?

Welcome to forum! Don't bother boring out the motor unless you need a rebuild, then just bore to the next smallest size needed to clean up the cylinder. Extra bore doesn't add any noticeable horsepower. Instead, add compression and open up the intake/exhaust for more power. As far as competing with a 400ex, where will you be competing at? Motocross, trails, drags, etc. A decent suspension goes a long way for the warrior.

Just competition between buddies out on the trails in some timber and a little gravel travel. Im not at all familiar with suspension.

Suspension can get expensive fast, so it depends on your budget how far you want to go. +2 a arms make the biggest difference imo. Then if you add a little power, you should be able to hang with a 400ex in the trails no problem.

Warrior96 is right. Suspension will get you closer to keeping up than anything else. Although if you had the money you could install high compression piston, higher lift cam, and higher flowing intake and exhaust and port the head. Depends how much money you want to throw at it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back