My first round with a Warrior :)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naterwedge

Reaction score
Hi y'all.

I've been lurking on this site for a week now and there is so much good stuff! I just recently obtained my first warrior, I kind of got screwed on a trade with it. I've been out of riding atv's for over 6 years, but have always been a Honda loyalist (easy now haha). So when I got this warrior I was completely lost trying to work on it. It's a 2000 that had been abused, terribly painted and plasti-dipped with lots wrong with it. I've decided to go "all-in", keep it, fix it up, and join this forum.

First ride- pre restoration.

Where I'm currently at.

So far I've changed the fluids, added a K&N filter, brand new carb, new chain, new clutch cable, removed the parking brake and perch, new stator, new shock covers. I removed all the plastic and painted parts, and with the awesome talent of my girlfriend she stripped the plastidip and paint, primed and is currently repainting it all flat black.

I've got a long ways to go, and a TON of questions I'll ask I'm sure. This is the BEST place for someone who is new to a warrior, or an avid warrior veteran bar-none. I just hope y'all will enjoy this journey with me :atv:

Thank ya sir!

I couldn't stand the black and yellow, and it was very thin plasti-dip. Was a nightmare to get off. I also removed the shock covers to find that not only were the shocks FILTHY but they were...pink. Not faded red, bright ass pink.

As soon as I get the new painted plastic on it I'll take a pic and post it, all the plastic was ziptied, so it wont be hard to re-zip tie it haha ;)

I want to see a build thread on this one. Looks good.

Thanks Savage! I'll start a post in the build threads when I get home and take some pics before I start putting the stuff back on it. Skint-back will never make it to elite status, but I will ride the hell out of it :slayer:

Thanks Savage! I'll start a post in the build threads when I get home and take some pics before I start putting the stuff back on it. Skint-back will never make it to elite status, but I will ride the hell out of it :slayer:

Mine will never make it to Elite status either, but it's still nice to see some awesome rebuilds. Being 18 at university, too far from home to touch my quad until next summer. Pictures of other quads have to do for now!

Hi y'all.

I've been lurking on this site for a week now and there is so much good stuff! I just recently obtained my first warrior, I kind of got screwed on a trade with it. I've been out of riding atv's for over 6 years, but have always been a Honda loyalist (easy now haha). So when I got this warrior I was completely lost trying to work on it. It's a 2000 that had been abused, terribly painted and plasti-dipped with lots wrong with it. I've decided to go "all-in", keep it, fix it up, and join this forum.

First ride- pre restoration.

Where I'm currently at.

So far I've changed the fluids, added a K&N filter, brand new carb, new chain, new clutch cable, removed the parking brake and perch, new stator, new shock covers. I removed all the plastic and painted parts, and with the awesome talent of my girlfriend she stripped the plastidip and paint, primed and is currently repainting it all flat black.

I've got a long ways to go, and a TON of questions I'll ask I'm sure. This is the BEST place for someone who is new to a warrior, or an avid warrior veteran bar-none. I just hope y'all will enjoy this journey with me :atv:
She sounds like a keeper the warrior and girlfriend of course lmao

Back