my custom head light mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
so i wanted to relocated the head lights to get them off the top so they didnt look so much like bug eyes...but i didnt want to weld any brackets or drill the frame anywhere ... so this is what i came up with

i can give more details if needed

1x1 square angle notched on one side so you can get the socket in there to put the boltback in
100_2731.jpg

this is the side the light mounts to, i used the stock headlight bolt and just added a nut and locknut
100_2734.jpg

100_2735.jpg

this is a close up of the bracket bolted back up ...bolts to the gas tank bolts
100_2736.jpg

100_2737.jpg

i took the inside steel spacer off of each light so it would sit properly against the square channel

all done ...no welding,and used all the stock bolts back
100_2739.jpg

100_2745.jpg

100_2742.jpg

100_2743.jpg

The 2nd to last picture looks good. And it would look great if the lights were just a little smaller. But still looks good.

well .. the whole point of what i did was to stay stock ........ i like the stock lights ..just not mounted up top

Here are some pics i just took they are not very good pics i will get better cleaner ones after i get the warrior cleaned up. Oh and they are mounted directly to the frame.

IMG_3441_1.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

looks okay man, but like tyler said they need to be smaller.

i like my bug eyes lol. not gonna move 'em.

thanks for high jackin my thread **** head(tyler)

start your own light mod thread F@(*3r

2000warrior350 said:
thanks for high jackin my thread **** head(tyler)

start your own light mod thread F@(*3r

You can call him a fucker, no need to sensor yourself here haha. We're all grown ups, if anybody gets offended by adult language they probably don't belong here anyways.

Don't mind him though, he's sort of our resident "special" person, he's easily excited and loves to share his own pictures of his muddy, barely recognizable quad.

HAHAH, another thing Tyler shows off though is the fact that mounting your lights down there get covered in mud. Better off not having lights at all if there just gunna be mud covered. I personally thing my light setup is the best, mounted up high, and close to your hands if they do get mud covered and when you turn the handlebars the lights turn with yah, that's the best part!

Not gunna post a pic in here cuz I don't wanna piss 2000warrior off. :p

lol.....yea yea.....if your gonna post a pic aleast post one u can actully tell what the hell it is ..

Well the roost off that yfz was hitting me in the face and all over the handlebars so even if the lights were mounted up high it would not have made a difference.

do you just hook both lights to the low beam side of the switch or the high beam side for those walmart lights?

Don't really matter as long as you hook them to the same,both settings put out the same. I've got a set of trail techs hooked to the high and a set of knock-offs hooked to the lows. Both put out about the same amount of light. The high and low on stock lights is actually the bulbs.

Back