Need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator13

Reaction score
I have a 98 warrior I need a new rear shock I read about banshee and 660r shocks on the back would really not like to mod the air box. Which shock would work best for a fat man at 265lbs what do you guys think would work the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 660 rear shock is too long to fit the stock linkage, and will slightly bind the suspension, and increase the chance of breaking your chain/chain rollers. The only shock I would recommend would be the banshee. Or you can get the 660 cut down. You're going to want to re-valve/re-spring whichever shock you choose.

Where can I get that done? Who would you recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most shock builders will be willing to cut down the 660 shock for you. The respring/revalve is standard procedure, so everywhere will do that. I don't have any personal experience having it done, so not going to recommend anyone, but if you search other ATV forums, there are tons of threads about shock builders.

If you're on Facebook, look up Rocket Ron Racing aka Ronald Elmore. Awesome shock builder. Lots of XC racers use him. I had him service my rear Works Quadstar. It works awesome now.

Back