Relocation/Filtering of Warrior Crank Case vent

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you use the cam vent off a kodiak, you just plug the one in the case, i used a cone shaped piece of plastic and hammered it in were the old case breather was. i was having issues with oil leaking from there on long up hills and wheel stands, so i just decided to move the location, i payed $10 off ebay for this cover.

Dragging up an old thread here.....does anyone run the vent in the air box like this thread talks about? Good idea? Im running no lid and I am thinking about making something like this.

Yeah I put a nipple on front of the air box and I put an Outerwares cover in place of the lid. I didn't put a filter on the breather because it pushes air out of it so I don't think it needs a filter.

But the filter looks cool!!!! I have an outerwears on my main filter. I might just run a small filter.

Im still debating what I want to do. Just seeing if anyone had run it that way. Gotta do something..

im running with a cfm airbox.any suggestions on how I should run the breather line?

how do you figure? when the engine is running there's constantly hot air blowing out of the breather. The only reason they come attached to the intake is to re-burn the fumes to reduce emissions, and to put the opening where it's somewhat protected from the elements. If they really wanted a vacuum to pull pull the fumes out they would have put it down between the airbox and the carb, not at the top of the tube where there is barely any vacuum effect.
Recently I have been modding my airbox to except a K&N Vent filter & longer hose from the case. Most of us warrior owners know that when you run with out a lid the vent hose that once connected to the airbox lid tube can no longer reside there. Instead of just buying longer hose and routing it through a high point in the frame I have taken the initiative to mod the box to except two K&N filters. (the big normal one & the chrome small vent filter). As soon as all my parts arrive and I assemble the setup I will be updating this post further with images and instructions regarding how I did it. Expect this to be updated probably this Monday (02/21/05). :cool:

- Death
I have no airbox at all. Just a K&N clamped directly to the intake side of the carb.I just ran a long hose from the crankcase up next to the frame and stuck a double ended barbed vacuum line connector in it to help stiffen and support the little K&N breather I topped it off with. Then I zip tied it to the frame. It's hidden under the seat so I don't really care if it looks sharp or not. It's worked fine for years.

Back