G-Force axle c-clips

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOkie

Reaction score
I bought new lock ring pliers for the rings on the G-Force axle and they slip off because of the way the rings cut. It looks like I will have to grind the ends of the rings so there is an edge on the outside for the pliers to grab. Who else has this type axle and how did you get the lock rings on. I bought these plier
$_14.JPG

Last edited:
Just put it over the end of the axle and slide it up to the groove and pop it in. Use a rubber mallet if you have to. Mine was pretty easy. if you are trying to take it off I just use a screw driver and pry one side of the ring off and peel the rest of it off. If that makes any sense.

I was going to try it that way but I didn't want to scratch up my shiney new chrome axle right from the get go. That's plan B if I can't get the pliers to work.

the lock ring isnt going to scratch the axle. even if it did, your axle is going to get scratched up after one ride on the trails.

So the $19.00 lock ring pliers will be one of those tools I only handle when I move it out of the way to get the hammer?

Latest posts

Back