Project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle713

Reaction score
So I'm gonna go pick up a two seater go cart tomorrow. It has two full size racing seats I think with five point harnesses, shocks, the only thing it needs is a engine I was thinking the warrior but the engine would have to be liquid cooled because it sits behind the driver. So I was thinking if a raptor 660, it would have to probably be now more than 600$ for the engine, what kinda engine do you think I should put in it? I'll post pics of it tomorrow when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A motorcycle or dirt bike motor?

I wanna put in a like a 450 four wheeler or dirtbike engine.

2aduja6a.jpg

This is the go-cart it originally had a 150cc engine in it and it would top out at 40mph. I was thinking a 350 warrior would be a good engine to put in it. What do you guys think?

If you are going to do a motor swap IMO I would use something that is liquid cooled so you don't have to worry about over heating in when you are driving it slow and so you don't have to worry about getting enough airflow to a motor that is behind you Just my 02.

I would go with at least a 650 triple sled engine. It's liquid cooled, has plenty of ass and has an centrifugal clutch so you don't have to mess with making shift linkage. Mount a pulley to the axle and go direct drive instead of using a sled chain case. Fire it up, hit the gas and hold on for dear life. I helped a buddy mount a 500 free air Sachs to a little gokart when we were 12 and that thing flat out flew. If you decide to go that route I have a 650 engine I may be persuaded to sell.

I would go with at least a 650 triple sled engine. It's liquid cooled, has plenty of ass and has an centrifugal clutch so you don't have to mess with making shift linkage. Mount a pulley to the axle and go direct drive instead of using a sled chain case. Fire it up, hit the gas and hold on for dear life. I helped a buddy mount a 500 free air Sachs to a little gokart when we were 12 and that thing flat out flew. If you decide to go that route I have a 650 engine I may be persuaded to sell.
If you were to do that I think you should mount the radiator at the front put a fan behind it and it wouldn't over heat I wouldn't think

Back