Engine rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor350joe

Reaction score
I need an engine rebuild and wanted your guys opinion. My friend was working on my quad and forgot to adjust the timing and it caused my valve to hit and destroy my piston. Where and how much should it cost to fix this? Do you think it would be worth it to just do a big bore kit?

Thanks,
Joe

Lets see bore and hone, 65$ piston kit, 130$ ish valves, 45$ ish, valve job 45-65$, gaskets 40$, timing chain 45$... Around 350$ if you use quality parts and build it so you don't have to do it again for a LONG time.

Thanks for the reply and the estimate prices. How much do you think in labor it would cost. Id rather make sure it gets done at a shop after what has happened. Also wondering if it would just be more worth while to do a big bore kit since it needs engine work. As long as its not a lot more expensive... Open to suggestions and opinions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and the estimate prices. How much do you think in labor it would cost. Id rather make sure it gets done at a shop after what has happened. Also wondering if it would just be more worth while to do a big bore kit since it needs engine work. As long as its not a lot more expensive... Open to suggestions and opinions.

Shops around here (wisconsin) quote around $1000-$2000

Shops around here (wisconsin) quote around $1000-$2000

Thanks for the reply. I was quoted at a shop by me for around $1000. Was wondering if thats a good deal or not. Also if it would be worth just doing a stroker kit if its not that much more.

strokers cost between $300-$800 Depending on size. The shop would probably charge more because they will have to split the lower cases to install the stroker crank/rod.

Thanks for the replies. I am thinking of maybe just doing the Yamaha YFM 350 Warrior Raptor JE Piston Kit 366cc 10.5:1 +2mm kit or just stock rebuild or FST446 kit done. I have to see if the local shop by me can install the 366cc kit cause they said they don't do machine work. So idk if the can install the kit. I would love to get the FST446 kit, but with everything said and done I bet it will be around $2000. For half that I could just get it rebuilt stock and have a running quad sooner. It may be ideal to get the 366cc kit if its around the same as the stock price. What do you guys think?

Back