87 warrior a Armsmall and exhaust

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant350

Reaction score
This is my first post so I'm new to this but I have a 87 warrior 350 with a .30 over piston and I would like to get a new exhaust so what's better for loudness and performance hmf fmf or Yoshimura also where can I find some aftermarket a arms for my 87 and what cc would it be with it being a .30 over piston would it be a 366?

An 87 warrior is a first gen warrior. They don't make aftermarket a arms for first gen warriors.

i have some stock a arms if you are interested in buying them. let me know and i will inspect them and give you a price. text 8142291544

Thanks and decided on the hmf got a good deal on it how do you install an outerwear pre filter on the air box? I assume you have to take off the lid put then what do you do for the hose that the crank breather hose runs up to with out connecting the tube to the lid and thank you and I also have the stock a arms just looking for some lighter aftermarket ones and can you use a 89 big bear oil cap and adapter or does it have to be a 95?

Hmf is a good pipe. There are two types of outerwears, the airbox lid kind and the filter cover. I run the filter cover style that just wraps around my K&N filter. The box style sometimes is integrated into the box cover. If you have to remove the lid, then for the crank case breather, get a valve cover filter for a car or something similar from the auto parts store. Any small filter will work. Like I said earlier, you have a first gen warrior so there are no aftermarket a arms available for your quad. For the oil cooler mod, the 95 big bear oil filter cover is the only one you can use.

Hmf is a good pipe. There are two types of outerwears, the airbox lid kind and the filter cover. I run the filter cover style that just wraps around my K&N filter. The box style sometimes is integrated into the box cover. If you have to remove the lid, then for the crank case breather, get a valve cover filter for a car or something similar from the auto parts store. Any small filter will work. Like I said earlier, you have a first gen warrior so there are no aftermarket a arms available for your quad. For the oil cooler mod, the 95 big bear oil filter cover is the only one you can use.
Actually, the 89 might work. Visually it appears to be identical to the 95 one. I know you need the two piece one for sure.

That's what I seen and I can get the hole set up for 80 on eBay and I got the air box one and thanks

The part numbers on the adapter match. I would say it should work. Be aware that you may have some shifter clearance issues with that set up.

Breather hose blows out so you don't need anything on it. Kinda like the old tractors. I've never put a filter on mine.

i always see where people say the breather hose only blows out. i may not be right but without a check valve i would have to assume that air flows each way. Think about it, the piston goes down and trys to build pressure in the crankcase. But since there is a breather hose it pushes the air out. Now when the piston starts traveling up, it starts trying to create a vacuum in the crankcase. But since the breather house is open, it sucks air into the case. Now i understand that additional pressure is also created by blow by, but how could the piston going up not suck air into the "draft tube"? Hence i think these should have some type of filter on them.

I have decided to go with the 89 big bear adapter and cover so we will see how it works how do you use the same type oil filter with it because it looks like the filter can fit in the adapter when put together so it seems like there should be a longer oil filter

The warrior oil filter should work. Part numbers on the filters are identical between the big bear 350 and warrior 350.

Thank you warrior1996

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back