shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy7734

Reaction score
would these yfz450r shocks fit my 94 warrior with +2 a arms cause i wanna raise the front end back up cause it bottoms out a lot.
3b1cab28b5a6070702daefb76b69bc1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, first off, those are not yfz450r shocks. Those are just yfz450 shocks, big difference. Second, it depends on which a arms you have. The easiest way to tell is to lift the front of the bike up and take off your shocks. Let your a arms bottom out on the balljoints. Now measure the eye-to-eye measurement (lower shock mount center to upper shock mount center). Those shocks you have pictured should be around 16.25" eye-to-eye. If you don't have more than this, I would say at least a 16.5" bottom out measurement, then these shocks will damage your balljoints. If I remember correctly, these shocks wont fit on +2's, but it wont ever hurt to check the way I said.

Well, first off, those are not yfz450r shocks. Those are just yfz450 shocks, big difference. Second, it depends on which a arms you have. The easiest way to tell is to lift the front of the bike up and take off your shocks. Let your a arms bottom out on the balljoints. Now measure the eye-to-eye measurement (lower shock mount center to upper shock mount center). Those shocks you have pictured should be around 16.25" eye-to-eye. If you don't have more than this, I would say at least a 16.5" bottom out measurement, then these shocks will damage your balljoints. If I remember correctly, these shocks wont fit on +2's, but it wont ever hurt to check the way I said.

I'm pretty sure they are 450r shocks because of rezzy and progressive rate springs.

I'm pretty sure they are 450r shocks because of rezzy and progressive rate springs.
Nope. The 450r shocks are way longer. In the 18"-19" range, and the 450r wasn't made in 2006. There are also 450x shocks which are near 17" long. The normal yfz450, the only one made in 2006, had these type of shocks. The reservoir looks a little different and these shocks are right around 16" long. The shocks you are thinking of is the new carb model yfz, which comes with pogo sticks.

I don't think they will fit, but you can still measure the eye-to-eye measurement with no weight on the bike to see.

I have read on different forums that yfz450 front shocks are anywhere from 15.75" to 16.25". I would not personally run yfz450 shocks if that is all the room you have. The raptor 660 front shocks are 15.5", so those would probably work, ride better, and raise the front end. They are also a lot cheaper...

The only other option you have is to buy yfz450 shocks and then get the Diamond J shock relocation kit, but that is about $70, not worth it in my opinion.

People do often put yfz450 shocks on their raptor 660's, so the shock length difference is not much. You could take a chance on the yfz450's shocks fitting without pressing on the balljoint, but I can't guarantee anything in that case. It also depends on how accurate you measurement is. The raptor 660's only have a 1/4" clearance according to your measurement, so those might not fit if you are off by a little bit.

15.5" I posted twice and I think you missed the first post. Scroll up a bit...

Gerald I have 2001 Raptor 660 Front Shocks on my bike. They measure exactly one inch longer than warrior 350 stock shocks. Warrior stockers are 14.5". Raptor 660 ones are 15.5"

Back