Shock Q

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCaldie

Reaction score
I know I said I was saving up for a pipe but I decided I can't deal with my rear shock anymore. I started to take stuff apart for cleaning and I'm thinking my seal might be on its way out. That or I'm just looking for excuses. I decided I'm going the banshee rout for now but I don't want to go out buying a problem part.

What should I be looking at buying one of these used shocks? I really don't want to get into seals and I don't see much of an issue buying new bearings if the price is right. Also, what are you guys normally paying for your banshee shocks? Looks like about 60-80 at the moment.

Look for any type of oil res showing a seal is bad what you want Cj is dual rate spring it's tight wound toward the top makes for a lot smoother ride and can handle the abuse we put them threw

yeah the top of the shaft is ever so slightly wet. if you get down and look close you can see shiny part next to the seal and dull part on the lower part. problem is ive never seen dual or progressive rate on stock rear banshee shocks. just the fronts. im going to have to be budget minded for now but that rear shock just aint cutting it. preload is set and rebound is either too bouncy or dead and low traction. you know if i never got to ride yours i would've never known this to be a problem, right?

There is no progressive shock for the rear of the warrior that's not custom. The banshee makes it ride Like a Cadillac!

so what are you guys normally paying for these? im looking at one for 60 but ive been contemplating on getting one off an 06 for 45 and putting new pivot works bearings in it. that would be nice but i dont think it would very effective unless you do a whole bearing/bushing kit on the swingarm along with it.

You got the right idea by getting the newest banshee shock you can find and putting new bushings in it, It will help a lot and even if you wanted to freshen it up you could send it off and get it revalved. I think you will be fine with the 06 shock and new bushings. Racetech offers a dualrate spring kit for a 660 rear but its 200 bucks just for the parts not including labor. I would go for the banshee rear and pivot works bushings and save some cash for the new exhaust.

i was sold with codys 660 shock but i cant get over how low the dogbone linkage sits. my prm skid gets used hardcore and i would either have to cut it so the linkage hangs out or make some thick brackets to lower the front mounts ~2". last weekend i was checking out the option for brackets but it puts the dogbone portion almost parallel to the ground and a large opening up front. clearance is a big issue for me and i havent figured out how to make the 660 work well enough for my liking. i would probably end up getting an amp link but not sure yet.

with how much money i might drop to get the 660 to work in my favor im liking the banshee shock just for now to get away from stock. after looking at this 06 shock i think its missing a stopper as well. i could probably just use the warrior stopper but its making me wonder on its actual condition even though the guy says its in great shape. starting to lean towards that 95 shock for $60. its pink but i ride with covers anyways.

Yup, definately doing the banshee. following a few bids so well see what happens.

anyone happen to know if the warrior fronts are valved to handle a progressive spring or is that something you do all together? theres a progressive rate spring on ebay for $25. looks bran new. i know. why would you even try to make that front shock worth it but if this would work it would be a cheap as hell alternative

@Beast. those shocks are going to be 1" longer. is that ok? show me some pics i might be interested

@Bronc. id love a works shock but i dont think funds will allow it

so, have to say sorry about bringing up an already beat to death subject. i think i did ok on my shock purchase.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-01-Yamaha-Banshee-YFZ350-YFZ-350-Rear-Shock-Suspension-/360781525573?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=uHP%252FRG4PmeO4iiaKzsTjs8BjsOw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

when i get it next week ill do some pics of whatever i decide to do with the airbox. most likely nothing anyone hasn't seen a bagillion times allready but hey, no one can hate a few pics

Back