92' warrior Transmission Problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warr350

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to the Fourms here and I really need some help with my bike. I was recently riding and turned my bike off about 2 hours into the ride for a break. After the break I started my bike up but as soon as I went to take off the bike acted like it was under load and stalled out, Every gear did the same thing. I tried to get the bike to turn over by bump starting it and every gear the bikes rear wheels wont turn but the wheels turn if the clutch is in and if the bike is in neutral with the clutch out. I am in the first stages of a tear down and just looking for any advice or hints on what I could be looking at here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance

Sounds like mine. The 2nd gear was locked to the shalf and wouldnt allow it to move in any gear other then 1st and rev

have you fixed yours since? I have yet to fully crack my case.

Okay well i'll crack it open soon, guess its the only way to really find out. thanks

just had the exact same problem with my 350 , one of the free spinning gears had seized to the shaft , its a bit of a job opening up the case , but after I did it was pretty easy to figure out what was wrong . picked up a whole tranz from ebay for 75$ can . had to wait for a few weeks but after I got it I was very pleased to put it all back together and have it work like new . I also tore the whole quad down to the frame and redid pretty much everything while I was waiting for my parts . now I don't think there isn't any problem I cant fix on this warrior . I would recommend buying a complete gasket kit aswell . if you have to open it up you may aswell put it back together right the first time . you might also what to look into replacing the bearing the seized gear was running in .

you know, im probably one the hardest on these 350s of all the guys on here, and ive never had this problem. do you guys keep up on the maintenance? and how hot are you guys getting them to cease case hardened steel to brass?? ive had mine to 388* that ive measured and its never done that.

hmm interesting to know it is possible though.

well she is cracked open, had the exact same problem as you ropegunwarrior. Gear was literally welded to the shaft. I also locked up previously in 6th gear on pavement, idk how it ran after that one. thanks for the input guys the new tranny is on the way, 20 bucks on ebay and all I need is the drive shaft out of it, score!

Back