Rear Sprocket Hub Issue!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerch33

Reaction score
Ok so as some of you may or may not know I'm new to this Forum and to owning my own quad, I've rode em when I was younger (in my teen years... Lol) and never worked on one but I'm learning a lot in a fast hurry.... Lol
So I bought this 01 Warrior about 3-4 weeks ago took her fer a spin after countless hours of trouble shooting and putting on a new chain that was missing, well when I did this and was rippin up and down the streets my son took off on it and the rear sprocket sheared right off. Well had to order new sprocket, nuts and studs considering there was only the one holding it on hence my first problem. Put it all together took her fer a few more rips up and down the road and low and behold did the same thing but this time all the hardware just disappeared and no damage to the sprocket, however after getting new parts and putting it back together with some medium LOC-TITE I have one hole in the sprocket hub that looks like it has no threads to it but the remaining 5 do. Will this be an issue to run this way or what should I do??
Any and all feedback will help and greatly appreciated,
Thanks and sorry for this being so long!

In my personal opinion it would be better to find a slightly longer bolt and nut to secure it u might be able to tap it but under pressure and vibration it would probably come out again.i had an issue very similar happen to me a nut and bolt with some lock tight and I've been riding for a few years with out it ever being an issue my concern with the missing hardware would be the fact that it has come off and loose before with something such as ur chain you most definitely want it to be secure

Although that was able to do with my old Honda the warrior u really only have the options to helicoil it like Alex said or maybe over size it i was just out looking at my bike and with lock tight the helicoil would offer added strength

Although that was able to do with my old Honda the warrior u really only have the options to helicoil it like Alex said or maybe over size it i was just out looking at my bike and with lock tight the helicoil would offer added strength

Is it very hard to do the helicoil ?

Any info/ instructionals on it? If not ill just dig around on the Internet fer a few hours .... Lol

The kit for the helicoil can be bought at any auto parts store for 10 to 15 dollars with a variety of sizes and the installation tool. The helicoil is basically going to act as the threads that are no longer in the hub they stretch to create a firm lock into the surrounding metal.

For a good instructional YouTube will be Your best friend. Any additional questions let me know

The kit for the helicoil can be bought at any auto parts store for 10 to 15 dollars with a variety of sizes and the installation tool. The helicoil is basically going to act as the threads that are no longer in the hub they stretch to create a firm lock into the surrounding metal.

Can you use LOCTITE WITH THIS??

Yeah I'm having a bit of an issue trying to find one nearby that's reasonably priced

I'm about a half hour away from Decatur I was hoping to get this before I left this Saturday till the end of the month that's kinda why I was avoiding eBay... Lol

No sir, just thought this would be a much faster more cost effective way of fixing this problem considering I'm on a strict budget!

Back