Rear carrier bearings are shot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordysoso

Reaction score
Anyone any recommendations for new ones? I can't afford a Honda style swinger so that's out

I was thinking pivot works. How often do the carriers themselves go bad? I haven't torn it apart yet, saving it for this week/weekend.

Get her soaking in PB or kroil ASAP! been beating my brains out with bfh and 2x4 and soaking in kroil for 2 days til i get pissed. my axle has moved a half inch...maybe...should I take the carrier off and drive it off the axle? Most I ever seen were a SOB to get out and BFH was your BFF so Im just gonna keep it up and zerts it as soon as it lets go! Can you zert swingarm pivot bolt too? Figure thats gonna be the next fun one...

Marine grease is gonna be my other best friend. I thought about taking just the carrier to a shop to have them pull them to keep me from having too many headaches

Let it soak in some pb blaster. Maybe some light heat? BIG hammer? I tried everything on mine. Finally got fed up and used a buds press. Had to cut the races off with a cut off wheel cause I couldn't get em with the press. They can be a pain in the ass.

Air chisel with rubber on the end of the chisel to prevent tearing up the carrier? Will the whole carrier come off the swingarm?

Yea it will come off. Just remove all the adjustment bolts for the carrier.

Ok that's what I thought. But back to removing the bearings... Lol

Just replace the whole damn thing. lol. Yeah I know how you feel. Mine was a bitch too. In fact, I even had to split the spacer and get a new one., and I still need to install a zerk.

I can ask around on a press. In the mean time, can anyone post a link to a how to on the zerk fitting an also links to new carriers. I pray they aren't an arm and a leg

Back