suspension setup

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzy613

Reaction score
heres the deal, i need a good shock set up for my warrior. I want to build one off custom +2+1 a arms for the front and i would like to have them long travel style, so if any body has any advise on how to build them (measurments, blue prints,ect.) i plan on starting freestyle over the winter so i kinda need help fast:atv:

Use 1" DOM tubing and get a GOOD pipe bender. Get the bungs from ebay. I forget the seller I bought from when I did mine, but, they are noice pieces and only 6 bucks. You'll need 1.25" DOM for the bungs to go in, and you will need to get heim style balljoints from Full Flight racing. Obviously you need Yamaha tapers for the balljoints. To use inner heims for the mounting bolts you need to look into JJandA (I think). Ask 87warrior917 about it. I only built upper arms for my 1st gen, he built +3 arms for his.

You would need to talk to Gen1Pat. He made some uppers for his 1st gen.
87warrior917 made a nice set for his 1st gen as well.

I'm not real sure what year your quad is, but you could always look into the 400ex a-arm swap. ASR makes long travel arms for the 400ex.

You are going to be better off getting an aftermarket set of arms. It cost me (from memory) $150 to make JUST the uppers. It will cost more then double that to make a full set, because you will need shock mounts and more tubing. Btw, to use heims on the mounting bolts for 12 points for adjustment, it will cost every bit of $500 to make a whole set just in materials! It simply doesn't pay to make your own if you don't have to. Us 1st gen guys have no real choice, other then trying the 2nd gen warrior uppers and 400ex lowers, and adjusting them to work. And that is even sorta a gamble, because it has only been proven to work numbers wise. Hasn't been phyically attemted.

Us 1st gen guys have no real choice, other then trying the 2nd gen warrior uppers and 400ex lowers, and adjusting them to work. And that is even sorta a gamble, because it has only been proven to work numbers wise. Hasn't been phyically attemted.
This spring Pat..
I'm gonna try it, even it it ends up being a waste of $450 bucks.

if i could find a used set i would go that route, and i was conserned on a few thngs, i might have to dig up drw 400ex thread again

thanks 88, i just did a quick search front width 400ex is 45.3 warrior is 42.5, the differance is 2.8 in so thats almost 1.5 in wider and thats stock for stock, i may just head down that route and find a decent pair of aftermarket shocks

You're far better off dude. Making your own arms is cool as hell, but, not cost effective at all. I had no real choice in the matter. You'll spend a good $700 total building arms and buying shocks. You can save every bit of 200 or more buying arms. AND, when you buy arms you get the longer tie rods with it.

well when i exstended mine, which i rushed and it looks like ****, i also did my tie rods i dont remember how much wider it made the front end ...

Phone ASR, and they'll work with you to make the kit you want.
I love call'n there, I do it just to BS with Mike.. lmao
(435)577-2266

Latest posts

Back