HELP...final full scale mock up!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
ok guys i promise im almost done, bear with me this might be lenghty, but i want your input into frame color....its gotta happen in AM ! so heres the deal, i found that blue for swinger and various assorted parts was initially going grey hammered frame, now i kinda think thats boring, then i decided black hammered but was gonna change a-arms to that blue, then people said go with blue frame but i kinda feel its almost to much blue (a-arms are black youll see). i dunno i get color blind on **** like this, but this is everything for u all to see painted minus footpegs, brake/rock sheilds, and frame (just primed) hubs i was thinkin of just clear coating hubs but i dont have ability to polish them there just blasted....motor will prob be black jug and covers, cleared case..........well heres what i got, sorry for length, i just wanna do once and correct:rock:p.s. im NOT diggin that yellow resavoir
IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

Everything is looking really nice. Hammered grey or black for frame in my opinion.

if you would have done the swinger the hammered black like the a arms and then the carrier blue the frame would work being the blue just my 2 cents and it wouldn't look like there is too much blue cause you would have the a arms and swinger to split the colors up evenly

Becuase of the yellow shocks I would go with the black or grey. I think the black would look better.

ok i hear ya all, anything can still b changed, nuttin a scuff pad can fix, i like ur thoughts hauler, that is a sweet blue!!!! almost to nice 4 a dam mud slinger, thoughts on the rest of the primed accesories?????

Last edited:
i have white covers 4 the shocks ,whick i actually thought dying them also, also i gotta check on those 450r shocks, they'll be red i think? i think its an 04, also havin hard time cleanin up motor, maybe just sick of cleaning, trryed aircraft remover, didnt make **** fall of by no means but i was wanting ur thoughts on a lite sandblast of it to get scales off......

IMG_3009.jpg

outside guards maybe yellow to match shocks and inside guards blue???or just hammered black or grey

ok this may be lenghty as well so ill break it up into parts

as for ur front i like ur black a arms...the blue spindles and other suspensions parts flow real nice...if u have whit shock cover..for the shock id keep em white in my opniion cuz its a neutural color....(i have yamaha white shock covers myself lol) tie rod ends wil flow nice to i think...are those white disk gaurds or did u just shine em up?

now for the rezzy i think u could go with a stock silver ill explain why later....diggin the blue swinger...and black carrier...whats ur idea with the rear shock...stayin yellow or u goin with a banshee white one>>>? or something else..u stayin silver with the linkage or what?

rem these are just my inputs lol shes ur girl:)))

for ur frame i think a nice gloss or gunmetal grey would blend...if u go black then ur silver rezzy would look alright...def go with the blue hubs on the rear thought...and for the front hubs blue would go well with both silver or black frame.....what color u goin with ur plastics...

Dyeing covers, dunno was just a thought, if i go blue frame ill obviously keep a-arms black and swap out colors on swinger n carrier...........if i go black frame id wanna change a-arms to blue..........(less work to do swinger n carrier.) AS far as plastics and shocks.....there gonna be what they are until i find some work!!!! (low budget here, only money is in paint.....$100 maybe? helps keep me from drinkin my face off a little from boredom! ) All parts are still tight, only abuse this machine saw was not getting rode and sitten outside) what im thinkin is this, i paint frame blue and mock it up again and go from there (blue is already at the house and im diggin it) just thinkin:argh: ive got open ears, oh yea ...the rezzzy, i just threw that on there to protect, thats def gonna change.
this doesnt have to get done in AM, just want it to b, ill work on engine , nobody commented on LIGHT SANDBLAST OF MOTOR YET!!!!! YES/NO----YEA U CAN DO THAT ORRRRRR WHAT R U ? I ****** IDIOT!!!!!!!

Last edited:
bump.....

and also its too hot n humid to paint, thoughts on deadlasts white??? nice idea! maybe ill go pink :gayfight:

I would just use a good degreaser on the engine and rub it down with a scotchbrite pad, then blow it off with air and maybe wipe it down again with some wax and grease remover.

yeah what Gen said DO NOT LIGHTLY SANDBLAST THE ENGINE ITS ALUMINUM AND WILL PIT LIKE CRAZY

10-4 on that--i got a scotch brite pad in my hand!:tup: then i gotta figure out how to protect it, clear coat will burn off i guess, wax maybe?

Peotect what? The engine while it's in the chassis, running and having the **** beat outta it? Spary it with wd40. Gives it a nice shine, and keeps the mud from sticking to it.

no...no....... i meant to keep it from oxidizing.......but yea WD i think would be perfect, its just that i started cleaning it then leave it for a few days an it gets all oxidized

OK so now im here, had said i was gonna go blue and do mock up again, after a day of thinking, i think im going black, leaving a-arms black and look at it, prob will go blue with a-arms im thinkin, make rear shock white. Althou deadlasts white frame sounded pretty cool too, PC cant do, over $200 when i can paint n clear for $20................motor cleanin up good! i think ya'll like it when im done.............chime in!!!!!!!!
i did mention i get color blind on **** like this:crazy:, i cant see the whole picture, thats why i did mock up and i appreciate all your input!:tup:
wheres dillion?:popcorn: (that was ****** great genpat)

Last edited:
Back