Shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryder133

Reaction score
Alright this week I am going to buy a new gear shifter, But I want one that bolts right up on the spline. What model of bike/year has the best fit? Also my boots are size 13 or something so idk if that helps?

And I realize there has probably been 1-900 threads like this one so if you want just give me the link to one please.

Banshee, YFZ450...there's a dirt bike model as well. I just bought a YFZ450 shifter though. It looks like it's going to sit a bit more forward but I think that'll be ok.

yz250, yz250f, and banshee shifters all fit

Heres my MSR banshee shifter that I custom bent to go around a few things.
IMG_20110314_163500.jpg

Not sure about yfz shifter

ryder I should mention I have size 15 or 16 depending on the shoe make and I love the length of the banshee shifter.

I believe the YFZ and Banshee shifters are supposed to pretty much be the same?

The ones I mentioned depending on maker as some put sharper bends than others, might require a slight adjustment in bends but thats it. Mine had to have custom bends put in because of the pull start I added. If it hadnt been for that I would have just needed a slight adjustment.

Well I am thinking of the Banshee shifter but 1998yamahawarrior said he had to bend his which I don't want to do because I would probably buy an after market Banshee shifter

Well I just have a stock engine so it shouldn't be a problem as long as I can bend it a little (which I don't even want to do)

I stuck my YFZ shifter up next to it and I don't believe I'll have to bend it at all... I'm hoping to install it in the next couple of days so I can let you know for sure if it works then. It's just an OEM one though was like 20 bucks.

Ya the added pullstart was really the only reason for the bending. If memory serves me right that was the only reason, besides my Caterpillar steel toed boots wouldnt fit underneath any lower with my nerfs. They seem to sit a little higher than the nerfs I had on my red warrior. When I finally get riding boots I will probably be able to adjust it lower. Should work fine for you though, I probably just have to much stuff added. LOL

I have a stock yz426 shifter off of ebay for like 5 bucks shipped. It was a little close to the cover so I laid it on the ground and gave it a few smacks with a hammer now it's perfect
shifter2.jpg

shifter1.jpg

I stuck my YFZ shifter up next to it and I don't believe I'll have to bend it at all... I'm hoping to install it in the next couple of days so I can let you know for sure if it works then. It's just an OEM one though was like 20 bucks.
Yes please tell because I might go on Tuesday because my bike shops are closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Does it matter what year of Banshee shifter it is?

unless you have a big bear oil cooler or a pull start I'd stay away from a banshee shifter. And all yrs banshee shifters should be the same.

unless you have a big bear oil cooler or a pull start I'd stay away from a banshee shifter. And all yrs banshee shifters should be the same.

Well I don't have pull start or oil cooler, So which shifter should I go with? I am going to the bike shop tomorrow and need to make up my mind. Also is it normal to have 2 inches of free play on the normal stock shifter? That is the reason I am getting a new one.

Back