Have you ever heard of this?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelheadr

Reaction score
So today I was talking to a guy at the bar on the way back from a quick ride and he started saying I should find a set of banshee a arms, and change them out... To me that doesn't sound too in reasonable having done a couple sas swaps on an s10 and isuzu amigo but it sounds kind of retarded to me! But it has me thinking itd doable just make sure the center to center of a arms and shock mounts are the same and adjust the upper and lower mounts like when doing a rear leaf swap from s10 springs go fullsize gm springs. It sounds feasible but likr a whole can of worms that may be worth getting into with my spare frame. I know that I'll get razzed but it could be interesting. And the price is right there's a guy selling a set of roll control a arms for 150$ +2"

Yeah, I've heard of that mod quite a bit, and people seem to have success with it. The Banshee isn't really made to corner, so the shocks on one aren't the best...but still an upgrade to the Warrior's.

Banshee a arms do NOT fit the warrior frame. The upper a arms mount completely differently, and the lowers wont line up either. Of course, anything can be modified to fit, but there is no reason to cut up a nice set of aftermarket banshee a arms. (Actually, it might be easier to just start from scratch at that point, because that's how much needs to be changed, and I don't recommend that.) However, the banshee front shocks do fit the warrior stock suspension, and is a good cheap upgrade over the stock warrior front shocks.

I know new mounts would have to be built, and as I said about width instead of radically changing the front, or rear mount change both so the center of hub and shock mounts stay in the same location, as far as shocks he has a pair of tcs with reservoirs for 200 in decent shape and I know that the upper mount uses a through bolt where the warrior uses two different brackets.

Well, if you want a good project, then go for it. However, there is no guarantee that those front shocks will be the correct extended and compressed lengths either. Then you will need to have to get those re-sized, re-valved, and re-sprung to work properly. Do it if you want, but to me it looks like a lot of work and money when there are aftermarket a arms and shocks available for the warrior.

So today I was talking to a guy at the bar on the way back from a quick ride and he started saying I should find a set of banshee a arms, and change them out... To me that doesn't sound too in reasonable having done a couple sas swaps on an s10 and isuzu amigo but it sounds kind of retarded to me! But it has me thinking itd doable just make sure the center to center of a arms and shock mounts are the same and adjust the upper and lower mounts like when doing a rear leaf swap from s10 springs go fullsize gm springs. It sounds feasible but likr a whole can of worms that may be worth getting into with my spare frame. I know that I'll get razzed but it could be interesting. And the price is right there's a guy selling a set of roll control a arms for 150$ +2"
Lol my bad. I guess I just totally replaced a-arms with shocks...

Back