Misconbobulation creation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA00warrior

Reaction score
Hello all,

Warrior has been running great and getting ridden hard since I fixed all my carb issues and added some mods, but can't last forever right?

Yesterday rolling up to a buddies one of them noticed my rear left wheel rotating crooked, started looking into it, and it seems to be either a bent rim or a bent axle.

The tire is set on the rim fine(holds air fine) but the movement on the wheel is about a 1/2" side to side as the bike rolls, there no real up or down movement, This was making us believe it was not the axle and it is the rim bent, not sure what other possibilities it could be.

I know that kind of generic and hard to follow the description of the issue.
My question is besides measure the distance from the tire to sprocket as the bike is rolled to tell how crooked it is from one spot on the wheel to another, how can I narrow the problem down? How can I really check to see if my axle isn't bent? I haven't had time to pull the wheel off and really inspect either (wheel or axle).
Could a blown bearing in the rear cause your one tire to rotate funny?
Any comments and insight would be greatly appreciated thanks. Later today I'll snap a quick video of it rotating when I'm on the machine.

Just another quick think to note is everything is tight and sound in the rear, chain is tightened up right, none of the bolts are loose, and the other side is completely straight which I would think if the axle is bent both wheels would be rotating funny I would think

Okay so I jacked the back of the bike up and took both rear wheels off, and put it in 1st and let the axle spin and it's without a doubt bent. I'll post a vid alittle later.

So I guess my options are to try and straighten it, which Ill never actually get it straight, find a used stock one, or buy a new aftermarket one.

To straighten it I guess I'd have to get the axle out of the bike put it in a vise, heat it up with a torch and then bend it straight, correct? This with just make it bend easier the next time and I'm only trying to do this once.

Just from quickly looking a new aftermaket im looking at around 400$ plus I might as well get all new bearings for the rear so +-500$
Any suggestions on manufacturers, I guess durablue and lone star are some good ones that'll stand behind their product.

And if I go with a used stock there's no telling how long it'll last before that could bend. From what I've been told and read the stock axles bending is pretty common?

Any suggestions and insight on a cost effective fix would be appreciated.

Thanks, ordered up a tusk g-force and new carrier bearings and seals. Now to just figure out this adjustment deal with the axle and get her in there, the good fun begins! Really stoked cause A buddy of mine has a g-force on his raptor and it looks real nice and sturdy, should hopefully never have this problem again.

I got the tusk off road axle and new carrier bearings. Had a hell of a time getting the old one out of the carrier but prevailed. Installed the tusk axle and bearings/seals and this is where i run into an issue..

Ive got everything installed per the instructions that comes with the axle (I think) but i cant get the axle lock nut to tighten to where it doesnt turn with the axle when the quad is moving.
Is this suppose to be? Is my axle locknut backwards? Id think not, but am only assuming

Does anyone have any trick of some ingenuity to get the correct tightness of the axle? or have knowledge of how to tighten the outter nut portion without the inner threaded piece turning to achieve tightness? Is there a special tool? i know tusk makes the 70mm wrench for it, which i might purchase i cant seem to find any good info on how this works 100%

Note there is no real play in the axle in the carrier, it seems sound. Ive tightened it acouple times but with alot of resistance. Heres some picks of the current situation.
Sprocket side
image_zps2mraeep0.jpg

image_zps77mbis3j.jpg

Break side
image_zpsjh9moohe.jpg

Back