Raptor 350 Ticking Noise Part 2

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a bent valve for sure..Or your rocker arm broke

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Couple things. Your cam chain may be too tight. It's hard to tell from that video, but it looks like it might be. Second is that you have to adjust the tapit/jam nut on that valve. You need a feeler gauge and it should be somewhere around .004 of an inch. Or your valve may be bent like Jeff said.

put the piston (timing) at top dead center and then check that exhaust valve clearance
and get yourself a feeler gauge and adjust the tapet so there is .004" of gap between the bottom of tapet and top of spring

Got it in the timing position... The cam exhaust rocker arm got stiffer but I cant put it to spec... I aint got the tool for clearances... When I put it to the timing position the clearance was very high on exhaust so I tried lowering it abit without the clearances tool...

Anyways when I was about to put the cover back, I noticed some black residue inside the cover. I didnt notice that when I took it off. Anyways I tried starting it again and same damn ticking noise !

look inside with a flashlight and see if the back half of the rocker arm that rides on the cam lobe is broke off I think thats your problem

Or you have worn the lobe off the camshaft, surprised that thing would even start.

I agree it looks like you have a broken rocker arm , but I also noticed that your timing gear is not set to the line , you could be inbetween your cam lobes , make sure you have everything set to tdc and all your timing marks are inline then set your tappets clearances , you can pick up a feeler gauge from the hardware store for $10 to $15 bucks I would suggest you invest in one . my warrior makes a ticking sound as well but that's seems to be pretty common with warriors , but the play in your rocker arm is to much . like it was said before grab a flashlight and look and see if your rocker arm is broken . they are real easy to replace .

Latest posts

Back