Need Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinez_YFM

Reaction score
I Was Taking My Friends Son For A Ride & While i wasnt paying Attention He Gave It Gas All The Way I Pulled In Clutch & Moved His Hand From Thorttle It was Making Really Loud Ticking Noise It Had Really Week Power So I Put It In Garage Turn It Off Took Off valve cover on exhaust side it was lose the nut was laying in the cover took It Down to a mechanic he re-adjusted valves for me but still has loud ticking but has good power & Its Back Strong But Just ticking He Said Its Timming Chain Is That It or Could it be other things ?

can you make a sound clip? is it a chain type tick slight but fast or a loud srong tic like a hammer hitting metal?

I just put a brand new cam chain in my 02 and it's noisy but it's normal I gues if it's not a loud hard tic or knock then I wouldn't worry bout it
how far out is the cam chain tensioner if the chain is just a little loose it will make a lot of noise a tighter chain is quieter

Have you made sure the adjuster nut is tight after running it again? I've had this happen to several warriors. Best thing to do is replace the adjuster screw and lock nut. Using a tad of blue locktite on the nut threads wont hurt either. Many bikes that are ridden with severly out of adjustment valves will make more klicking noise when running, after a valve adjustment, than a bike that has had regular valve adjustments. Could be that yours ran long enough with the nut off and the valve loose to do that.

I had the adjuster nut back right off on my 366. It made a hell of a racket when it did, but I rode it back to camp like that... I put it all back together, and set the valves. It was still ticking after that, so I pulled the head apart.

I found that when the nut came off it had flat spotted the end of the valve.. I ended up rebuilding the whole head..

Loctite is the best way to save this from happening.. lol
I found this green stuff that you can put on after you set the lash. I read that it works pretty good??

I Havent Got Around Check Them Yet But Im Free Tomrrow Im Going Check Both Side's Ill Take A Sound Clip Of What Its Doing To see If You Guys Could Help Me Out On it.

Back