STOCK A-ARMS WITH YFZ SHOCKS?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorboy954

Reaction score
would i need to get differnet a-arms. do the yfz a-arms fit on the raptor 350?

raptorboy

they will fit, you just have to "massage them" into place. I personnaly don't like this mod, it puts alot of stress on your ball joints.

thats what the guy told me (ball joints) so u have them as we speak? hows the ride with them?

raptorboy

no i didn't go with stock replacement shocks like the yfz, i just went with a shock made for the warrior. I personnaly have elka's, but a works will do a good job as well, and not break anything.

do u know of anyone wit them? do u think it would be a good investment? he's selling em to me for 120. help me out man

raptorboy

It would work out much better if you had aftermarket +2 or more arms, that would at least put you near a yfz's width and correct the improper valving/springing situation. People have done this quite a bit, but I wouldn't want to go on a ten hour trip and have a ball joint snap on me, just my opinion. Longer arms would put more leverage on the shock, lower the ride height, and level the arms out therefor eliminating the extreme angle on the ball joints. If you really think you might get some longer arms evetually go ahead while you can get them cheap. Those are definately a good upgrade compared to the stockers, right up with works if they are valved and sprung close to your required specs. Good luck with your decision!

I've had them for about a year and a half now with no problems. I ride with no mercy on this bike!!... at the end of the month I'm going down to little sahara, OK so I guess we'll see how they hold up to the dunes.

Latest posts

Back