2001 warrior no spark ,,, helppppp

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone im new , i just got a warrior 350 , and im having trouble , i bought it and the guy said it needed a cdi but i knew he was lying and when i got home i had discovered my stator has ben destroyed by a flywheel screw that sumehow came loose while riding ,so i replaced the stator and magneto tried to start it ,it will turn over , and it will turn over in gear so i know the flywheel key is good , but i have NO spark no power at all it does not shock me , so i hve tried unplugging relays , trying different ones , bypassing a fuze , and checking the grounds , im now scratching my head , i dont want to blow 100 bucks on a cdi box if it could just be a wire loose or something but if anyone had a similar problem and could help please ANY INPUT will be appriciated for better description my starter selinoid has ben bypased with a push button start , my kill switch and lights have ben bypassed and my nuetral and reverse light do not come on and the bracket that holds the reverse lever is broke so its setting on the motor .THANKS

You don't need to delete your account because no one awnsered overnight. Your lucky if you get a Awnser at all now from what you said. All your looking is to start a fight. Have you taken ohm readings from anything?

Take ohm readings starting at the spark plug wire and then work it way back. It might simply be the ignition coil. Ignition coil is the little black box that's attached to the spark plug wire.

vyzusera.jpg

ok thank you for the replys , so if im understanding you correcty if i have power to the orange wire thats hooked up to the coil then the coil is bad if im not getting spark ?? i have tried a racing coil and two different plugs nd nothing but** the coil i used was to a dirtbike but its identical

i tried pushing it and jumping on it and the tires just skid even in 3rd gear either i has great compression or somthing is wrong , and when i got it to turn over with a push start once and it sounded like it does when u use the push start button is that normal?

If you could find a 2001 wire color code diagram i ben searching forever the previous owner to my warrior decided to bypass the nuetral lights and reverse lights and kill switch and starter button

I've had the same thing happen I hate to say this but are your battery terminals completely tight? Just being slightly loose can cause your problem...

No they are not , my negative hookup is basiclly two black wires with bare wire and it was just put under a washer and masshed to the terminal when i got it ... I will fix it up nice and cut out any corroded spots and see how it goes

Ok just fixed all the problems , replaced a bad kill switch and bypassed the fuse that was burnt up , it cranks right over , BUT NO SPARK. !!!!!!!!:,(

Dude I just replaced my whole ignition system because I had no spark. I noticed wires were loose going to the CDI box. CHECK ALL YOUR WIRES AND INSPECT THE CDI BOX! Lol. I also blew the fuse cuz I wired it wrong. All this bullshit because I overlooked the loose connection:(

I will check but im very sure my cdi box is good but at the same time i have not tested it and i just bought the bike but i just want to ride already i have had it for almost a month without a single ride :/

I get my check soon looks like im just goint to go new , and buy everything electrical new and pull off all the trash the previous owner put into it

Dam dude. I bought a kit on eBay that had the stator, pick up coils, ignition coil for $60. But I'm having difficulty finding the wire connector to the CDI box. I guess I have to buy the whole fkin main wire assembly! Don't worry buddy, we will have spark someday.lol.

Back