So I just put 20" razrs on.........

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
been dieing to get those 22" balloons off, looks sooooo much better and much snappier, but heres the kicker, i thought i had 13/38 (stock ?) then i counted, i got 10/40, 10 is weird, never heard any mention of it, so what do i got and what do i want ???????? all my test ride was up and down pavement

I run 14 40 on mine with 22's and love it. With 20's you could run the stock gearing with minimal motor work and love it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
what the hell is a 10 doin for me? i here u guys talk bout doin wheelies and i cant barely get mine off ground, now it feels like it might with 20,s then im looking at jumping 3 to 4 teeth all at once, will i be amazed??? i gotta get new chain n sprockets so i wanna get it right

I run 14/40 on mine now with 20" razr2's. Perfect for me. Tops out at around 60 mph but still has GREAT acceleration.

I run 14/40 on mine now with 20" razr2's. Perfect for me. Tops out at around 60 mph but still has GREAT acceleration.
thats what i was thinkin i wanted, thou if clearance becomes a problem (i on rocks alot) i may go back to 22's

but goin from a 10 to a 14 i thinkin drastic change

anybody ever run a 10 and why????

large front sprocket / small rear sprocket would be giving you probably a lot of top speed but less snap off the line. I'm sure you'd notice a huge difference going to 14t.

I bottom out my rear skid a lot with 22's, i was thinking of going bigger... Seem to only be able to find 22's and 25's for 9" rims. A lot more selection for 10" rims.

Last edited:
thats what i was thinkin i wanted, thou if clearance becomes a problem (i on rocks alot) i may go back to 22's

but goin from a 10 to a 14 i thinkin drastic change

anybody ever run a 10 and why????

20's make the quad hadle awesome with ok clearance. But i used to get hung up ALL the time until i went with duners sprocket gaurd.

20's make the quad hadle awesome with ok clearance. But i used to get hung up ALL the time until i went with duners sprocket gaurd.

my dogbone is beat to **** from rocks, i gotta beat my skid off the disc once in awhile, hauler showed me a bone skid but i think id tear that up gettin to the trails, looked weak for my terrain

The 10t on the front geared your bike waaayyy down. You could probably climb a tree with it and not power out.
I'm sure you have trouble doing wheelies because your running out of engine rpms.
Go to a 14/40 setup with 20" tires.
You might throw a 14t on with the 22" tires. I'm sure it will be way better than the 10t.
Put the 20t up for sale. Someone who is building a Trials Warrior might want it.

The 10t on the front geared your bike waaayyy down. You could probably climb a tree with it and not power out.
I'm sure you have trouble doing wheelies because your running out of engine rpms.
Go to a 14/40 setup with 20" tires.
You might throw a 14t on with the 22" tires. I'm sure it will be way better than the 10t.
Put the 20t up for sale. Someone who is building a Trials Warrior might want it.
u mean the 10t for sale i think, well once i get it off boys n girl........shipping cost n it's urs

13-40 is stock warrior gearing
13-38 is stock raptor 350 gearing.

thanks weston, i figured the toddler was wrong:haha:
think ill go 14/40, wish i had a few to try first, im gonna try to get the small sprocket off, tryed with impact and pb-no luck, gonna try breaker bar now
anyone see a good deal on a set w/ chain?

mrjim I've got an extra brand new set 14/40 and I think I have a 15t also, If you want to try them? Then maybe we can work something out on trade or whatever.

mrjim I've got an extra brand new set 14/40 and I think I have a 15t also, If you want to try them? Then maybe we can work something out on trade or whatever.

and I have a near new 12t and brand new 13t so you can try all the basic gearing and see what works best for ya?

Alex your a meathead! 13-40 bud.

Back