Sand tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
Anyone ever run AMS Zipper, Kenda Snow Mad, or Maxxis 4 Snow tires at the dunes in loose sand? A friend of mine at the dealer swears this was the best tire design he ever ran on his Warrior on the sand. I talked to a tech at Maxxis today and he said they work well in the sand as well as snow. I am not a fan of the look of the tire, but if they function well, then I want to try them out.

I tried my Sand Shark II's and I didn't care for them. They just seemed to dig in too well. I got high centered lots with them. They worked great on my Banshee, but just don't get it done on the Warrior.

ATV-ChengShin_4-SnowM910_zoom.jpg

4wheelonline.com has them the cheapest I can find so far at $130 free shipping. I think I might get a set and if I like them, get another set for my Raptor as well. Heading to Beaver dunes in Western Oklahoma over spring break and Little Sahara, Oklahoma March 31 so I need to get something lined up pretty soon.

Me too they look sick. Ive been wanting some for the winters. There supposed to grow up to 40%.

The growing thing concerns me a little. The guy at Maxxis told me I needed maybe 3-4" of clearance between the tire and the heel guards when static. Sure don't want to be rubbing on the heel guards and ruining the tire.

i run AMS sand shark 20-11-10 in the sand they are actually 21 tall and i love them, spin when wanted and dig when needed. they are deep paddles so not for a all stock machine bu those snow tires should do good out there but ive never rode them before

They look just like the Hi-Trak Pro Wedge II's. almost identical. What ply are those thou? I know a bunch of guys that run the pro wedges year round and climb every hill you'd imagine. Only downfall, 2ply. but if your just goin with sand or snow I think you'll be good to go.

I'll be using them for sand only. I have Dunlops for the dirt. I haven't had any encounters with bad stuff at Little Sahara so far. I guess there is always a first.

I have run straight paddles and I don't like them for trail riding. Also need the 22's for ground clearance. I have already been the 20" route with my Sand Shark II's and they just don't work well for me on the Warrior. Like I said they were great on my Banshee.

Well I ordered the Duro version of this tire design at $69 no shipping charge. I was going to just run dirt tires on the front but ended up getting some AMS Diamond Tracks for $25 ea no shipping charge. $190 through my local dealer for 4 tires seems pretty cheap to me. I guess if I don't like them I didn't go broke buying them.

0000_Duro_D12018_Sand_Tire_--.jpg

Last edited:
I have Skat Trac 7 paddle haulers on the wifes and they are great at lil sahara Ok.

Well I ordered the Duro version of this tire design at $69 no shipping charge. I was going to just run dirt tires on the front but ended up getting some AMS Diamond Tracks for $25 ea no shipping charge. $190 through my local dealer for 4 tires seems pretty cheap to me. I guess if I don't like them I didn't go broke buying them.

0000_Duro_D12018_Sand_Tire_--.jpg

Let me know how they do , we are headed up to LS the weekend after you , if they hook decently I may try a set compared to the 7 paddle haulers on it now

Leaving today. Supposed to be 85 degrees and 5-10MPH winds. Should be a good day to ride. I hope the tires work because I bought a second set on Craigslist. I now have a set for the Raptor 350 and the Warrior. I will give you a review on Sunday after we get back.

I like these tires!!! Worked great for everything we did. I was a little concerned about them and the power of the 350 getting up the big dunes. The guy who took our group down hopped on it and gave it a shot and it climbed right on up. I think I needed to go to a 40 tooth rear sprocket to compensate for the 22" but other than that they exceeded my expectations.

Sweet , may have to try a set. How did they do turning? The haulers I have on the wife's warrior don't give that much to slide likes to go straight lol

Back