raise rear and stiffer shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaguppy

Reaction score
how would i go about raising the rear of my 02 warrior, i m also looking for a stiffer shock for the rear, i m a big guy and right now the stock shock is way to soft for me right now even after tightening the rings on it.

any moding at all i was hoping to get a polaris shock on there b/c i have a nice one at the shop but it is to tall for the rear mounts also i saw someone recommend these shocks http://www.ebay.com/itm/180671941759?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
was wondering if anyone had more info

If your a big guy, and you need a stiffer shock, the RFY's aren't what your looking for. Their a soft shock, and not rated for much weight.

I think you might be boned unless you go to a pricey fancy shock?

I have went threw hundreds of different mounting scenarios looking for the best rear shock on these quads. But there's no real way to relocate the top mount without compromising strength..

i prefer not to mod the shock mounts at all, the fronts i dont mind to be a little softer i prefer to slide the rear out more, i also am not a huge fan of that Cadillac ride, feels like the bike wants to roll

i raised the ass end of mineup with a banshee linkage that hooks to the swingarm and doggy bone its like an inch shoerter linkage and it works well u can look in my pix to see the difference with banshee shock and linkage

i prefer not to mod the shock mounts at all, the fronts i dont mind to be a little softer i prefer to slide the rear out more, i also am not a huge fan of that Cadillac ride, feels like the bike wants to roll

Well if you know how to weld, making a better longer top mount wouldn't be to hard..
I keep looking at the polairis 450 outlaw rear shock, I like the longer travel of it. And the fact it has no linkage to mess with. It's about 20" inches long, the stock shock on a warrior is 14" inches.
If you had some 1/4" inch plate you could fab a top mount that would come up 3" inches from the cross bar. You would also want it moved out about 2" inches toward you carrier. Then just weld a cross brace to the bottom of your swing arm. (right under the stock mount)
This should give you about an extra 5" inches to mount a polairis 450 shock. They have no linkage so it should stiffen the ride considerably.
That's about all you could really do IMO..

Other than that, your gonna have problems with factory shocks wanting to bottom out on yah.

Banshee shock is alot stiffer than stock. Same length as stock, just crank up the preload, or you could get a banshee link which is shorter, and it will raise the back end abdout 2 inches

which do you think would be better the banshee or the 660 and what type of front shock would y'all recommend

which do you think would be better the banshee or the 660 and what type of front shock would y'all recommend
Well if I was you, I'd go with the banshee shock.. :iagree:
There easier to find, and you could probably pick one up way cheaper that a 660 shock.
I've seen them on ebay with the linkage for around $80.

STOCK WARRIOR REAR SHOCK
2012-03-13135802.jpg

01 660 Raptor rear shock
2012-04-03170707.jpg
2012-04-03170629.jpg

Way better ride I jumped up and down on the six pack rack and couldn't bottom the 660 shock out it's soft at first and the further compressed it gets stiffer so pretty hard to bottom out
As you can see it raised the rear end a good 2+ inches and I only have the shock spring tightened down half way

So is it OK to use a 660 shock/spring with a Warrior swing arm/linkage? Sorry I realize this post is old but I am new here. Thanks for understanding!

Banshee shock is alot stiffer than stock. Same length as stock, just crank up the preload, or you could get a banshee link which is shorter, and it will raise the back end abdout 2 inches

Could you be more specific? What is a banshee link?

Back