A-arms, and shocks.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
I was looking for some feedback on A-arms, and front shocks for my 87' Warrior.

I'm interested in some +2 or better a-arms that are fully adjustable, (most aftermarket a-arms are). I've been looking at the full flight arms.

I'm also looking at shocks, and there are a crap load to choose from!
Elka, worx, and fox shocks are out of the question.. I'm not gonna pay more than $400 for my shocks.
I'm looking for a softer shock that will absorb more than a stocker. My quad is also going to come in around 340lbs, and I need to take that into consideration as well.

So with that being said, what are my options.. What are the best parts for my hard earned dollar?

Last edited:
no +2 a-arms (yet) for 1st gen warriors. 87/917 is working on that.

You can pick up a good set of WORKS duel rates for less then $400. Search WORKS shocks for a warrior and for a banshee on ebay and your local craigslist.

You wont find a arms for a 87 or 88. No one makes them. They might have wayyy back but i have never seen a set for sale or even on a 1st gen. If you want arms your gonna have to make them.... Which is what i did:iagree:. As for as shocks go, banshee front shocks will be a bit softer tha the warriors. But the only way to get a good ride is to go aftermarket. The Fox Floats and Works dual rates i have are awesome! Obviously the Floats aree way better but the works are perfect for a low budget.

You wont find a arms for a 87 or 88. No one makes them. They might have wayyy back but i have never seen a set for sale or even on a 1st gen. If you want arms your gonna have to make them.... Which is what i did:iagree:. As for as shocks go, banshee front shocks will be a bit softer tha the warriors. But the only way to get a good ride is to go aftermarket. The Fox Floats and Works dual rates i have are awesome! Obviously the Floats aree way better but the works are perfect for a low budget.

The a-arm mounts on my neighbors 96' are exactly the same as the 87'..

The numbers come back as an 87', but the kid I bought it from said it was a 91'? It was even registered as a 91'...

Last edited:
The a-arm mounts on my neighbors 96' are exactly the same as the 87'..

The numbers come back as an 87', but the kid I bought it from said it was a 91'? It was even registered as a 91'...

If you can get a pic of the mounts up, we'll be able to tell

Ok just looked at ur profile album, your frames a 1st gen... The lower arms rear mount it on top of the frame, and the front mount is on the bottom of the frame.

Huh are the mounts on the side or top of the frame tube

Ive only ever seen 1 set of 87 a arms for sale

The top arm mounts are kinda on the side I guess?? The sit toward the bottom of the tube. Exactly like the 96' frame.. The only difference I see in the 2 is where the hood mounts are.. Other than that, their identical!!

Ok just looked at ur profile album, your frames a 1st gen... The lower arms rear mount it on top of the frame, and the front mount is on the bottom of the frame.
So whats the difference? I didn't go after the 96' frame with a measuring tape, but the mounts are the same.. Or at least they look the same?

picture.php

IMG_20120106_114042.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20120106_114007.jpg

completly different dude the pics of mine are how the arms from 88-04 are your buddy must be riding a 1st gen frame too

completly different dude the pics of mine are how the arms from 88-04 are your buddy must be riding a 1st gen frame too
No his has the covered back mount like that, (mine is open) but there isn't a huge difference that I can see?? I'll have to go after it with a measuring tape to really see the difference.
Anyway I can weld, I'll make a different mount if I have to. :iagree: lol

then you can make it work lol just have his setting there to get the right measurements hell if your gonna do that get a aftermarket set of 400ex a arms with yamaha ball joints and tirods and put them on it thats your best setup!

then you can make it work lol just have his setting there to get the right measurements hell if your gonna do that get a aftermarket set of 400ex a arms with yamaha ball joints and tirods and put them on it thats your best setup!
I'll have to work on that..

What about shocks.. The fancy shocks like works, and elkas are outta my price range.. I want a fully adjustable shock though.

Back