Heel guards

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't really find a definite answer so here goes. Will Raptor 350 heel guards bolt on a Warrior? If they are not a direct bolt on, what mods does it take to get them on? I looked at a 2011 Raptor at the dealer and took some pictures. Other than a wider peg, everything looks close to fitting. I have been looking at a couple sets of raptor heel guards, but don't want to spend the money if they won't work without hacking them to death. Pictures would be nice as well.

I have ltz 400 heels guards made by Bling star. They fit really good with very little modding.
http://
zzz.jpg

You can see where it mounts to the frame brace, that was the easier side, so light shaving of the bracket and it bolted right up.
http://
zzzxx.jpg

The other side was easy to just more cutting of the bracket and using the tapped hole already in the frame.

Do the Tusk brand for the z400 that Rocky mountain offers have the same mounting tabs? Been looking at them but never really saw any info on fit. Do the Bling Star ones come black or did you paint them?

Do the Tusk brand for the z400 that Rocky mountain offers have the same mounting tabs? Been looking at them but never really saw any info on fit. Do the Bling Star ones come black or did you paint them?

Im not sure about the brackets on the tusk ones. But yeah they came powdercoated black from Blingstar

Does any one know if any nerf bars will bolt up to the roll design/ bling star set up?
That would depend on the nerf bars, as you can see mine mount in front of the peg and have the space to fit them. Do you have a pic of yours and how they are mounted
1295483828.jpg

I'm waiting on my pegs and I don't have any nerfs yet. So no I don't have a picture. What kind of nerfs do you have?

Well right or wrong here is the direction I went with my pegs and heel guards. Got the plastic at Menard's. It is textured on the front side and somewhat smooth on the back side. I used my co-workers sheet metal brake and bent a 90 degree on the edge that bolts to the pegs. After bolting them up I cut and shaped them with tin snips. The pegs were YFZ 450. I cut them to fit, welded a piece in the end and bolted them to the original pegs. Fairly simple bolt up as the holes were identical and the pegs line up across the top perfectly.

warrior_heel.jpg

Thanks. Yep I hate the stock ones and was not putting them on. I did a similar setup on my Banshee but it doesn't look as nice.

If you don't do much muddin, nothing to worry about, bit that you have to worry about it anyways. But I hate when mine build up with mud, its heavy and gets in the way of my feet.

I love my setup
P3310039.jpg

No offence dead but I don't like the way the 450 heel gaurds look over laping the fender and all I like my setup don't have a pic thou will post it asap

It keeps from the back of my boots tearing up my graphics. To each its own. I don't like when the fenders come down in front of them, kinda defeats the purpose of the heel guard then, might as well have the stock plates on there.

Definitely a mud trap. Filled her up yesterday. Most times I avoid the mud though so not worried about that. More concerned with getting my foot caught in the tire and dragged. Been there done that once or twice.

Back