YFZ upgrade parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure if any of this was ever brought up here...
There is another alternative to the G-force rear hubs to add some width to the bikes. You can use rear hubs from an 09+ yfz 450R. They will add about 3/4" to each side. They are still a little hard to come by because I dont think enough have been cracked up yet... but something to keep an eye out if anyone wanted.

Here is a link someone gave to me while I was asking about them for my banshee...
http://www.dirtparadise.com/t324-09-yfz450r-rear-hubs-vs-blaster-rear-hubs

Also, this just came to mind, I just cross referenced some part numbers, and you can run yfz 450 front calipers on the warrior as well. This will improve the front brakes and give you a dual piston caliper design, rather than the weak single piston setup. This is somewhat popular to do on banshee's and the banshee shares the same caliper as the warrior.

Yep, check pads, bolt them on, bleed them, and go

I was not positive until I asked about it, and the banshee guys run them on their stock spindles and hubs... which use the same brake rotors, pads, and calipers as the warrior.

now I just need to get 2 pairs.. one for my banshee, one for my warrior.

If you wouldbe so kind as to do a write up when you do this I'm interested to see how well it works and if they truely bolt up and go!

Thanks for the link looks pritty simple! Thatnks!! I need to change rotors on my warrior before tolong they are getting really grooved I think imma look into the yfz setup and do it too if its a direct bolt up!

Dang wish i would have known of this before i bought calipers, the hub mod is cool though.

I dont believe so... but a member on there said he made the yfz rear caliper work on the rear of his banshee. Wonder how, because once again the banshee and warrior have the same rear caliper.

Also a note from that read, the yfz master cylinder is better than the stock warrior master... so for a full upgrade to feel nice... that would work too.

Best part about the brake setup... if you look around enough, especially for parted out bikes, you can find them for a reasonable price.

I want to say no after looking at the asv website... but it may work so I'm not positive.

I'm sure that if you did not change the master cylinder and just did the calipers it would be a noticeable improvement on its own.

I have a chance to buy YFZr front hubs and rotors, and maybe calipers? He is asking $65 OBO W/O the caliper. Is it worth it? Is someone on here interested?

I'm not sure if the yfz-r front hubs and rotors are much of an upgrade... also I'm not sure if those calipers would work on the warrior. For everything it needs to be pre-R such as 04-08 I believe. Those are the interchangeable years for the front.

It is the 09+ rear yfz-R hubs that you can use for the 3/4" added width.

Ok, just an update... I did some research and if you do this upgrade, just use your stock master cylinder. The yfz and banshee shared the same master, so the master cylinder design is the same and therefore not and upgrade. So save your money and just do the calipers.

I'll do a write up on it to verify everything once I get my pads for the calipers in.

Back