Hi Guys....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I as well, just keep in mind that this is just temporary though. Really generic. The vBulliten site will look bad ass and be a little more user friendly/quad forum lookin too.

yeah, was kinda wonderin about the whole trx450.com thing in the url hha

im impressed with the database migration btw... glad i dont have to deal with that crap hahaha... this version of phpbb looks ALOT different than the one im running at vintagevmax.com... that must be why it is always asking me to update it... (im scared)

bomber315 said:
im impressed with the database migration btw... glad i dont have to deal with that crap hahaha... this version of phpbb looks ALOT different than the one im running at vintagevmax.com... that must be why it is always asking me to update it... (im scared)

Thanks, it definitely wasn't easy! lol But atleast we are away from that terrible proboards crap now! lol

Hopefully we'll be moved to VB in the next couple days, then the fun will begin! :)

I'll keep everyone updated..

Ok, i don't mean to be a dick, but i guess i'm missing the point here. Why the hell are we switching when proboards worked fine for 5 years, actually improved since we started using it? Because i'm getting super annoyed by this phpbbyg whatever the **** it is already. I can't even figure out how to change my god damned password. And no admin priveleges or anything. I don't think i even have the privelege to update my profile. WTF? Please tell me all this is for something other than making things look more pretty.

Seriously! How the hell do I change my password? And why couldn't we just keep proboards up until this new fangled Vbulletin thing was running? I can program the most advanced fire alarm systems in the industry, yet I can't even figure out how to change my password on this temp forum!!!

Tried that but user control panel is showing up as plain text, no link to click on. Guess it's a browser issue, i'll try it tomorrow at work. Hopefully we'll be out of this temp forum soon anyways.

Anybody else keep clicking on save instead of submit? I've done it like 5 times now! Just used to where everything is on the original forum.

yamarider said:
Ok, i don't mean to be a dick, but i guess i'm missing the point here. Why the hell are we switching when proboards worked fine for 5 years, actually improved since we started using it? Because i'm getting super annoyed by this phpbbyg whatever the **** it is already. I can't even figure out how to change my god damned password. And no admin priveleges or anything. I don't think i even have the privelege to update my profile. WTF? Please tell me all this is for something other than making things look more pretty.

Proboards is TERRIBLE, it would take me all day to point out the reasons why. No REAL website uses Proboards, hence why we're moving away from it.

Everything was explained in the post I made back on the old board. We HAVE to move to phpBB first before we can be moved to VB. You can thank Proboards for that...that's one small reason they suck ass.

Well i guess i don't know the first thing about this kind of thing. I understand that everything can't be moved directly from proboards to vbulletin, we need to use phpbb as a middle stage. I guess the part I don't get is why we couldn't have kept probards active instead of having everybody switch over to this one. Just because we had to migrate all the data to phpbb before moving it again to vbulletin doesn't mean we have to actually use phpbb, or at least that's what's going through my mind.

I'm also kind of concerned because despite the stuff that was posted about this move ahead of time, most of our members still have no idea what's going on and i'm concerned that the less computer saavy won't be able to make the switch. Our temp forum is really dead compared to the activity we normally have, i've hardly seen any users online yet. That's the main reason we've protested changing to a different board in the past. Somebody tried it once before and practically stole all of our data and created his own forum with all of our stuff even after I told the little prick to stand down.

yamarider said:
Well i guess i don't know the first thing about this kind of thing. I understand that everything can't be moved directly from proboards to vbulletin, we need to use phpbb as a middle stage. I guess the part I don't get is why we couldn't have kept probards active instead of having everybody switch over to this one. Just because we had to migrate all the data to phpbb before moving it again to vbulletin doesn't mean we have to actually use phpbb, or at least that's what's going through my mind.

I'm also kind of concerned because despite the stuff that was posted about this move ahead of time, most of our members still have no idea what's going on and i'm concerned that the less computer saavy won't be able to make the switch. Our temp forum is really dead compared to the activity we normally have, i've hardly seen any users online yet. That's the main reason we've protested changing to a different board in the past. Somebody tried it once before and practically stole all of our data and created his own forum with all of our stuff even after I told the little prick to stand down.

We cant continue to use Proboards because then any new members, new posts, etc would be lost when we finally do move to VB. If the members have no idea what's going on, then I don't know what else to tell them. The notice is in HUGE text at the top of every page...what more could we do? lmao If they can't see that, they're blind! lmao

yamarider said:

Yama, this is just temporary. The vbulliten will look almost the same as the old forum once its up and running and we will have all our Admin prevliges still. Besides lookin good, the new forum will also allow us to do a lot more and cooler stuff. It will be easier to maintain and navigate, and since were still gunna have our admin status, it will be full admin status so we can actully go in and change things up and move stuff around unlike when we were on proboards. PB is an old way of doing things. I think everyone will love the new setup once its all said and done. And I foresee the site actually growing even more once the switch is final.

Everyone hates change at the beginning but it always grows on yah or you realize its actually for the best, one of the two. Just kick back for a bit until the new actual real site is up and running and all will be fine.

We could also send out a mass email to all members once the switch if final. Something like, "the new YFM350 site is up and running. Come check it out." Or something like that.

good idea i completely forgot about the mass email. i actually hope we get moved to vb soon cause i do have to agree with yama on this temp forum setup sucks compared to pb's

Ok, makes sense. I didn't think about losing any changes during the switch. Any estimate about when we're going to be up and running again?

Back