How do you adjust rear shock

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeessfore

Reaction score
I got a Banshee rear off a buddy that was taken off when new for works. How do you properly adjust the shock? Its alittle to bouncy now.

never seen a banshe shock in person, but that nob on the rezzy doesnt do anyhting? id assume turning it in would increase the dampening, then theres also something on the bottom that i saw in pictures, i have no clue if it has any affect. thent theres also the preload, which you can adjust by turning the spanner nuts with channel lock pliers ora screw driver and hammer , decreasing the preload might make it bounce a little less. it is possible that the shock is blown out, because you said he replaced it with a works when nes, well if the bushings in the shock sat for along time they could of dry rotted and now the shock is blown out, but thats the only thing i would suspect if turning the nobs doesnt have any affeect

The shock works fine. I need to know how to adjust them correctly. I know how to adjust every and where the knobs are but Im not sure the correct way to do it. Like do the start with the preload first and what not. I have the Banshee shock with 3 way adjustments

yeah pull the preload out, then put hte dampener in to increase

I need to adjust my rear shock a dude almost 300 lbs rode it today and I felt sorry for it. Hope it didnt hurt anything lol its even too mushy for me and im 185.

Or just upgrade to the raptor shock i have had around 370lbs on it before with me and this chick on the back and i swear its impossible to bottom out the raptor 660 shock.

Thats cool are they pretty close to the same length?

Read the shock thread, and Its gotta be a 01 and its slightly longer.

I'm guessing that this dude who started the thread, that banshee rear is blow or almost blown.

Ya the raptor shock is 1'' longer so it sits just a little higher and looks and rides great

Cool does it have to be a 01 cause the remote rezzy? Cause I have a raptor maybe the newer ones will fit too.

Im thinking about just getting the stocker revalved and resprung it cost a little more but I heard it is worth it.

Last edited:
You could get a banshee or raptor 660 for as much as thats going to cost you and it would be better than stock.

Its not going to be stock anymore Josh with wiggstyleracing told me he wouldnt trade his for an elka.

Oil
Spring
Revalve
Rebuild
Bladder conversion kit

Back