Relocation/Filtering of Warrior Crank Case vent

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Recently I have been modding my airbox to except a K&N Vent filter & longer hose from the case. Most of us warrior owners know that when you run with out a lid the vent hose that once connected to the airbox lid tube can no longer reside there. Instead of just buying longer hose and routing it through a high point in the frame I have taken the initiative to mod the box to except two K&N filters. (the big normal one & the chrome small vent filter). As soon as all my parts arrive and I assemble the setup I will be updating this post further with images and instructions regarding how I did it. Expect this to be updated probably this Monday (02/21/05). :cool:

- Death

i dunno if this is the right place for it... lol but i was wondering about the crank case breather tube, why does it blow into the intake system?? isnt it hot air blowing out of that tube? dunno about quads but in cars hot air is very bad for hp :-/

my race car has something similar, a hose running from the valve cover to the intake boot on the throttle body, i took the hose off an put a small k&n breather over it so it wasnt blowign hot air into the intake, it did seem to help alittle.. i think it would help the warrior to, id do it if my warrior was running still lol

worked out great!!

Didnt oil the filter yet but here is where it sits in the box:
ventfilter.jpg

This is where the case vent hose hooks up to the box (looks like the box comes like that):
ventfilteroutsideelbow.jpg

same filer i have on my race car ;D they r great little filters.. so many uses

Isn't air blowing out of that tube not sucking air in? Wouldn't air be blowing inside of the filter? So why the filter? On the Raptor it already connects into the bottom part of the filter case do we really need a filter for it?

i dont think u really NEED a filter on it cuz its gonna be hard to get anything inside that tube when its running an blowing air, but it cant hurt anything to have it there really... i think that tube blows some stuff inside the airbox.. im not sure lol but iv fround some nasty stuff around the hole where that tube comes into the airbox so i dunno, it would also help keep stuff from getting in the tube while the engines not running, once i get my warrior back together im moving that tube out of the airbox altogether ;D

Yea, moving it out all together sounds good to me. The oil blow by itself is nasty... Where would you put it though that you wouldn't have the oil that comes out of it all over the place?

im not sure about that myself yet lol might have to make smaller airbox just for the tube.. im not srue if there would b enough room for it anywhere tho, after my warriors up an running again ill figure it out an post what i did ;D

Its mainly there to keep **** out of the case and look cool ;D! But yeah it should help keep unwanted water and crap out of the tube (better then the stock setup atleast) and I just like having 2 K&Ns in the box and needed something to waste money on. :cool:

intake2.jpg

No offense meant, it looks sharp as hell. I would just be worried stuff would build up inside. I guess if you make it part of your routine maintenance then no worries. Great job...

The hose previously connected to the intake boot in the airbox lid. This method is really gay because your blowing warm air into your intake air from the case... So since I run NO LID I have no place for the vent to hook up to. So rather then have just a vent hose hanging around I made this "kit" to relocate the vent to an esthetically pleasing and functional location. The filter helps effectively keep **** like water/debris going into the tube and **** from coming out.

none of these images are working for me. in any IE and firefox. it just shows "[image]"

Are you just using a small KnN look a like filter on the end of the tube..

whats the best way to go for an air filter period in the stock location?

the tube is the crankcase breather it needs to be hooked to a vacuum to suck all the explosive fumes out of your crankcase. Thats why it is hooked to the intake.

how do you figure? when the engine is running there's constantly hot air blowing out of the breather. The only reason they come attached to the intake is to re-burn the fumes to reduce emissions, and to put the opening where it's somewhat protected from the elements. If they really wanted a vacuum to pull pull the fumes out they would have put it down between the airbox and the carb, not at the top of the tube where there is barely any vacuum effect.

Back