• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

need to borrow 88 CDI

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomber315

Reaction score
does anyone have an 88 CDI i can borrow? the closer to NW PA the better. i told a guy that a stator would solve all of his problems and now i look like a jackass because it didnt... so before he comes to get his POS this weekend i would like to at least figure out what the problem is!! please text me at 814-229-1544 and you can help me out... ill drive to your house with the cdi i have to test on your 4wheeler if need be... thanks!!!

bump... also guys im currently devising a plan to retro fit a newer cdi to the old harness... unfortunatly it involves a flywheel swap it seems

Last edited:
Yeah you have to swap fly wheels and rewire its not that hard man I have 88 cdi but I'm a little far from you and shipping would suck

seems kinda simple really, just dont try to explain it to the lady at rmstator hahaha

have you done it? its seems that really just the plugs are different... i have extra plugs so im going to cut them off of the cdi and splice new ones on so it just plugs into the stock harness...

the hard part is probably going to be swapping the one way bearing... i love peened bolts, they are always soooo willing to come out

i have a 87 stator and 88-89 harness ... had to splice the white pick up wire in the yellow thats it ... all the wiring colors are the same if your going from a 2 pick up system to a single you might have to do a little work on harness wire going to the cdi ...

i wanna make a custom harness for mine at some point that uses GM weather pack connectors

yeah im going from 88 to 96... so i have 2 pickup coils and i only need one. thats ok tho, ill take the extra one out and keep it for a back up

Back