YFZ upgrade parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok got another set of calipers in today and these came with pads... so as requested, I installed them and did a write up.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?p=248036#post248036
Just click the link because I wrote it up in the tutorials section. Not sure if its sticky worthy, but heck as long as it helps people out that's all that matters.

Please let me know if anything is unclear or if you need any more photos.

I got a set of calipers and master cylinder for 57 shipped to throw on my warrior. Is the rear caliper on the warrior a single piston? Would the YFZ rear caliper be dual piston as well? I may look for one of those if it's really an upgrade.

Ya they will but those have a tendancy to crack and break but I was wondering if you welded a peice of 1/8th inch inbetween the stus to make it shaped like a bowl like the durablue extended hubs

Just find a set of 2009+ YFZ-R rear hubs... they won't crack and add 3/4" per side or 1 1/2" overall

But it you run those g force ones with a stock axle it puts u at 48or so if you use the 09+ style 3.5in offset for a total of 5 inches

ok thank for the info guys ... im just plan for mods to do this winter .... buying parts as i go but will be waiting for the snow to start working on it i dont really want the down time right now .... i really wish i could find A arms for this thing !! ...i might get some a arm mounts off a newer one and weld them on...... i wanna be the first gen 1 to be an elite

Another cheap way to widen stock rear axle is honda 450r hubs slid right on mine I think im close to 50 inches wide with offset douglas wheels but the hubs alone gave me 2 inches

dont know if it is too late but you can find these hubs in an extended version on ebay for aroung 110 new made from aluminum. They say they are 1 3/4 inch wider than stock yfz450R hubs, so that would mean a total of 5" extension over stock warrior rear hubs if I'm correct. Would that cause too much strain on the lugs? if not then it's a great way to get much needed width in the rear

they are manufactured by g force if that helps determine quality

they have steel hub inserts for added reliability

Last edited:
I still can't find any for sale ANYWHERE, Any suggestions??

Just have to watch eBay and also check out the for sale and parting out sections of other forums. They are harder to find since it is a new(er) bike, but they are out there.

I need new front calipers anyway... should I get the YFZ calipers? Is there anyother upgrade I need to do?

Back