Suspension Overhaul

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the swinger this morning! Now just need the new carrier bearings to show up and I will get the back together again.

In the mean time, decided to tear down the top end of the motor. Put in new seals, lap the valves, and if necessary hone/bore piston/rings. It will be a little bit before it is back running again but I am sure it will pay off when done.

Got the new shock and swinger on today. Liking it so far....

946544762_photobucket_41898_.jpg

Yea, it stood it up a bit! But it feels good. Going to adjust the spring some and let it down a bit. That is just where it was when I got it.

can you take a picture of the swing arm? i am curious to see where the 2" was added at.

If you look close at the last pic, you can kind of see it. The arm was cut right after the shock linkage mount in front of the rear cross beam. The two inches was put in there. Once he gave the arm back to me I cut the skid plat mount off and moved it back to line it back up, and tried to put a little more steel in so it wasnt so noticeable where it was put in.

If ya could snap a pic i am looking to do this on my swing arm so and visualls would be great!

Just pulled it out and took a quick snap. Let me know if you want to see more. The only thing I am not happy with is I wish he would have fit the plates in the back a little better when he filled in behind the shock mount. would have made it look a lot nicer, but I can always cut those out and refit them... Other than that, it is good and true, and I am sure that it will NEVER break. He is the strongest welder I have EVER met.

946544762_photobucket_43187_.jpg

so he cut it right after the wishbone mount and added space there? perhaps i just can't figure it out, and i am a welder lol

yea right after the shock mount, right in front of the back cross tube. If you look right at the shock mount, just below that you can see the two plates he put in to fill in the open gap that was left from adding the extension. That is where it is.

besides that I got my new brake line in, my new front bearings, and got the chain put on. All I am waiting on now is to get my jug back, and get the clutch put back on and she will be ready to rock!!

Back