Carb Rebuild Kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomber315

Reaction score
hey guys i went to go riding saturday, after letting my 4 wheeler sit for probably 2 weeks... well the float needle was stuck shut and it only ran till it ran outta gas... tore the carb apart to find that the needle was infact stuck like i expected (it did it before once and i used compressed air in the gas inlet to free it, this time that trick didnt work) well a come to realize that my float bowl is full of a fine silty crap... so i put a fuel filter on it... the float needle all pitted up and that must be what is making it stick (sometimes open sometimes closed)

therefore i need to get a new needle and seat... well i have looked briefly and since my pilot jet is getting very close to being stripped i decided i should probably just buy a complete rebuild kit...

now for the question:
Which one has everyone got and which on should i get... i dont want some kind of cheap piece of **** knock off, or one that is not complete... i was think of getting the one from jetsrus.com and also getting a couple different sizes of pilot and main jet since i was ordering... what do you guys think?

i think im just gonna buy stuff of this page.... anyone know if i want the OEM mikuni or genuine mikuni... why do they gotta make this crap so confusing

^ yeasus christ!....Why don't you just go to the dealer and get a handfull of jets for the price you'd pay to get one off that site?

Go one up from stock on your pilot and try a variation of sizes on your main.

??? how much are you guys getting them from the stealership for?? i went to get a bigger pilot jet there and they want like $13 for the stock on and $20 something a piece for the next bigger... i about **** and ended buying something else instead... maybe the dipshit gave me the wrong price i dunno but i didnt think $5 for a jet was bad... mainly i just need a float needle, and thought i would get a nice, new, non boogered up pilot jet while i was paying for shipping.... i guess ill stop at the stealership on the way home and see what they tell me this time...

My local shop usually just gives them to me because they don't feel like writing up the slip, but they sell for about 2 or 3 bucks here. This isn't a dealership though, it's a general powersports shop, so they have a lot of sources for parts, not just the factory catalog.

There's not really a difference between Genuine Mikuni and OEM Mikuni size, it's just the brand name, and cheaper off-brand.

I don't see any rebuild kits on that page though, what rebuild kits are you looking at?

yep just stopped at the stealership on the way home and they said the needle and seat was $55 i of course told them to shove it up thier ass!! im just going to order the stuff off the page i listed above... im going to get the OEM ones i guess since they are cheaper.. and the rebuild kit that IS listed on that page... its below the main jets and above the master cylinder rebuild kits...

i guess ill wait till tomorrow to order, that way maybe if someone else has a better place to get them or an opinion of the OEM vs. genuine jets they can post...

p.s. i even got kinda smart with the parts guy and asked "are you SURE thats not for 4 of them?!?!" he said it wasnt and said they could sell me a moose rebuild kit for "like $20" i said nah

Latest posts

Back