89 Warrior, nerf bars and heel guards? Options?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACA332

Reaction score
What are my options for running nerf bars and heel guards on my 89 Warrior? Already ran over my own leg once and that was enough.

I checked ebay, a lot of the nerf bars are built for the later warriors that came with stock heel guards, such that they don't offer protection further back than the foot pegs.

Are there nerf bars that do? Or will another year warrior's stock heel guards fit on mine? Keeping in mind, I'd like to keep my aftermarket foot pegs.

Thanks!

check out jokers racing .com they got a set with the heal gaurds on it, and there only like 150 ithink thats a good price imo

aftermarket heel guards for the warriors are almost non existent. I have a modded set of a yfz450 and a few guys run them from a z400. There are plent of options for nerf bars thou.

One cool set is the PRM nerfs. Their a nerf and heel combo as one piece and a bad ass part if I say so myself.

I really like the PRM nerf/heel combo. Especially like the ones with a steel floor board. Are my legs worth $250 plus shipping? Possibly...

So there's a set of DGs I kinda like on ebay, but they only list 99-04 as the years it fits. Is this because of the splash guards, or was something else changed between those years that makes mounting these bars impossible on an 89?

Latest posts

Back