widening kit to widen your 1987-89 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just from 87's responce im guessing the link was Diamond Js kit. Hes right and wheel spacers are usually harder on ball joints as far as I know. The best spacers though are the block style like the Durablue ones.

i just not sure where to go with my 87 warrior .. I cant waite untill I get a new one to rebuild from the frame up

Last edited:
I have heard really good things about that kit on Raptors on RF. Everyone that has one is very pleased with the price.

You can trust them if you want, but I wont be. Theres just to much that can go wrong with something like them. They also just add to much weight in my eyes for an already heavy quad. Besides what you pay for their kit your better off just paying for a-arms, considering aftermarkets you get replaceable ball-joints or hiem joints depending on the maker.

Last edited:
Not that I know of, but if you have a welder, any other equipment needed and a little fabbing talent. It shouldnt be that hard to do. I shoulda takin measurements of the 87 I parted and seen just how different they are.

If you want some close up pics of how they mount and measurements let me know. Ill help you figure out if its feasible.

I maybe wrong but wouldnt the spacers be like adding +2" arms? - making the shocks softer or maybe to soft? Then causing the need for better shocks? plus the added strain on other parts.

How much different are the frames?

I would move the mounts on the older frame if you can weld.

I thought I saw a post on here about 400ex arms fitting - maybe. Maybe other arms would fit also. If you moved the mounts you could put on whatever arms you wanted . You might find some nice cheap used ones and just make them fit.

Or get a newer frame. Check craigslist

Last edited:
I maybe wrong but wouldnt the spacers be like adding +2" arms? - making the shocks softer or maybe to soft? Then causing the need for better shocks? plus the added strain on other parts.

How much different are the frames?

I would move the mounts on the older frame if you can weld.

I thought I saw a post on here about 400ex arms fitting - maybe. Maybe other arms would fit also. If you moved the mounts you could put on whatever arms you wanted . You might find some nice cheap used ones and just make them fit.

Or get a newer frame. Check craigslist

Kindof, soft but not tosoft unless you race it, only if you want them most don't need them, no added strain on parts its actualy easyer on parts, bout 100+ ship, not many arms will fit without major modifying its easter to just swap over to newre warrior arms for the sake of finding parts

Im in the same boat.. could not find extended arms for my 87 so i went the way of the solid aluminum spacers ... They make the bike more stable and it handles better .. have yet to have any issues with tie rods or anything else really ... they pry been on a year an a half.. i still want to find a more permanent solution but in the mean time the spacers are well worth it ..

my reason for widening is because my rear is so much wider and it looks funny . I dont race but i do beat the hell out if it . lol now i do like to jump but since the age I dont try to jump so high

Back