suspensoin idea

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you move the upper shock mounts to close together you will not get the latteral resistance you need to keep the bike from feeling tippy. You need some latteral resistance or when you go into a corner, especially on the brakes the bike is going to want to roll over away from the corner. So moveing the upper closer together is not a good idea, the upper shock mount needs some leverage to help keep the bike level. Move the lower mount outward to gain the same effect you are looking for, basically you want to lay the shock over to gain travel and work the shock more. Let the shock do the work, not the rider.

Lol we are talking the same thing lol we got lt a arms for a warrior lt means long travel and it uses OEM upper shock mount with no mods to the frame and it will work wuth16" shocks without a relocator

Frame mods

Lol we are talking the same thing lol we got lt a arms for a warrior lt means long travel and it uses OEM upper shock mount with no mods to the frame and it will work wuth16" shocks without a relocator
I'm glad you got it, it is not rocket science. I'm a little beside myself that you have the attitude you have for the help I tried to give you. I race and build very fast drag cars, in the 7 and 8 second range. This is only something I do on the side, I am a succesfull business owner, and have spare time and money to do what I want to do. So you and your buddy can keep your "A" arms, I'm not into playing games. You advertise a part for sale then play games with a buyer with the cash to buy the parts. I was only trying to give you some good advise, and keep you from throwing your money and time away. LOL back at you.

Dude I didn't mean to offend you I wasn't laughing at you and I respect you for what you do and I pm'd you yesterday about those arms

I'm not trying to be disrespecfull either, just not into playing games. I have the cash, if I was selling a part, the guy with the cash, gets the part. And I'm not BS'ing about building fast cars. I only wanted to help you from makeing a big mistake. Moveing the upper mounts in will make you very unhappy. If you have doubts I will post Pics of my Toys, you will be impressed. I have been doing this for a long time, not with Quads, but the science is the same. Try getting a car with 1,500 HP to hook up and go down the track straight @ 165+ mph. I have a little exsperience at how suspention works. Like I said... Think outside the box. I would like to purchase your "A" arms, if I can not get them then I will call ASR and have them build what I want, or have them build them not completed, and make the mods I need to make to them. What they sell is universale, you and I need something a little more. I would step up into a better quad, but my wife feels that I have enough. It is never enough.

oh and btw this thread died about 6 months ago so the idea was trashed but thanks a ton for clearing up why the shocks dont set closer together never would've thought of that:tup:

Yes their 2 different points on roll and need to be factored that way. Anytime you turn inertia alone puts added force on the outer front and pulling it off the back almost disregarding it. Of course you need the load spread more on top as that good point was brought up

Also a thing to watch the more vertical a shock is, the stiffer it will seem. This is simple statics where that great of an angle causes the force from the a arm to translate it more into an upward force in the fy direction and less in the fx. Less of a angle to the a arm spreads the load more into the fx direction and less in the fy direction

Cool cool that all makes sence that thought wouldve never even crossed my mind if i wouldve built it like i origonally planed i guess its good it fell through lol

Latest posts

Back