Heel guards

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh, I love your warrior :) I'm gonna have to find some black/white plastics I love that look......I'd even go for all white if I had to.

They are pretty tight against the DG Alloy Nerf tube behind the peg, but otherwise bolt up pretty easily with the wider peg. I suppose I could cut the plastic to clear the tube, but hate to cut them in any way. Don't like cutting original parts if I don't have to. For the outer fender bolt hole, I just drilled through the heel guard lined up with the hole in the fender. I made an aluminum spacer to go between the fender and guard so it wouldn't buckle the upper lip on the heel guard. Used a 1/4" stainless bolt with stainless washers and a ny-loc nut to bolt it up. Used a longer metric bolt on the inside hole.
Also made a spacer for the inside bolt at the peg to make the gap across there even. Used a longer 5/16" bolt instead of the metric one on the inside hole. Used the original bolt on the outside end of the peg, but had to use the back hole.

Not too tuff to do and yes they are pretty cheap all over e-bay with the pegs.

As for the pegs, I chop sawed the mounting bracket off the inside end. Made a filler piece and welded there to strengthen the end of it and close it up. The two holes in the YFZ 450 peg and the contour line up perfectly with the stock peg. I went ahead and drilled the holes out to 3/8" and used stainless bolts and ny-loc nuts there as well. Just make sure you put a little lube on the threads because I have had lots of trouble with stainless nuts and bolts seizing to each other.

Latest posts

Back