what would be a better rear shock banshee vs raptor 660!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89YFM_BEAST

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious I'm 5.7 175lbs an I like to jump so what's the best one for my money an quality what's the differance between the two???

I've read that the banshee and raptor share the same spring rate. I believe that the banshee rear shock is more popular to rebuild and re spring for whatever you want to do with it. But on the other hand the raptor shock is easier to install (you have to mold your airbox to fit the banshee piggyback)

You being on the lighter side a 660 shock might be to much. They are a little bit longer so the rear will sit higher. Modding the airbox for the banshee is really simple, I just put one on and Im 250 and so far Im loving it. Either way you cant go wrong, but I did notice you can pick a banshee rear up cheaper than an 01 660 rear for.

Ya the air box is no prob cause I'm gona get somethin round at the end heat my air box over the stove an push in at the area were the piggy is lol my girlfriend thinks its funny but I said if ya want to c me catch air I gota do it lmao she's great thanks guys:)

Hey guys lol in my avatar pic does it look like my nerf bars are on wrong I'm not the guy who put them on there under neath the frame I think its supost to go on top of the frame you can see the back of my nerfs are way up don't make sence let me know guys lmao!!

Hey guys lol in my avatar pic does it look like my nerf bars are on wrong I'm not the guy who put them on there under neath the frame I think its supost to go on top of the frame you can see the back of my nerfs are way up don't make sence let me know guys lmao!!
Above the frame

That's what I thought I just tryed to put it on the top an it won't work I'm wondering guys if someone has put nerfs on it from a blaster or something cause its not wanting to bolt at the top hmmm cunfused???

In the end I think it really comes down to the rider and how you ride. Like I siad Im loving the banshee rear, but theres some guys that really love the 660 rear.

I talked to a suspension guy and he says the 660 Raptor shock is better than the Banshee. :???:
He is probably right, banshee shock is an older design then the 660 shock. But the 660 is longer, both can be rebuilt to suit your needs and both are better then the stock shock

Back