Yamaha Warrior/Steering Bearing Holder Nut

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRSZILLA

Reaction score
Hi i am going to replace my bearings & seals & i also Bought a new Holder Nut that holds the Bearing in & i cannot remember which way it goes?

Does that totaly Flat side face down or does the side that has a small raised Edge ?

Thanks Appreciate it

Thanks but you just cant tell from those diagrams...I have looked around & couldn't find a clear picture or anything

Somebody has to know this here ? It's holding me up on this build & i would appreciate the Info

Also i am having trouble with the 2 Axle Nuts near the Sprocket I have tried Everything from Heat, Breaker Bars, Pipe Wrenches Ect..& they will not budge a mm,No auto stores or anywhere here sell wrenchs that are 50mm. I am pretty sure i am turning them the correct way ...Is it Left Loose & Right Tight for those nuts ? & does anyone have any other ideas how i can get them off ?

I was going to take a Dremel with cut off wheel & cut so far down & then slowly chisel them off the threds but it seems risky being the nuts are so close to the Hub & really no room for error

Anyway thanks for looking

Last edited:
As for the bearing, I'm not sure it matters which way is up. On the axle nut, I've always used a pipe wrench. Maybe you need a bigger one. Lol

Where do you live in pa crszilla i have the right size wrench for the axle nut and i have spare axle nuts as well i can give you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in New Kensington Pa 15068 & i Appreciate that....I do have new Axle nuts though ...Just to be sure which way should i be turning the axle nuts ? To the Left correct ? & is 50mm The Correct Size for the Nuts ?

There is also one more issue i am having is getting the Needle Bearings out of the Swingarm , They are stuck...Real stuck & i cannot find a long enough Flat Punch or similar to knock them out so i was going to grind down the Race as suggested in another post...Do you have any suggestions on that

Appreciate it

Last edited:
I live in Kutztown pa 19530 so its a bit far its like 4 hours but i have been using a 2" wrench it worked really well it had a little play in it but it never slipped off or stripped and yes the axle is right hand thread if i am correct
I do not know the correct size of the nuts but like i said a 2" weench worked for me or a big pipe wrench

And for the try using a small chisel to get under the outer race for the swingarm bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also i am talking about the Bearing Holder not the Bearing itself, The Bearing goes in & then the Holder goes in but i want to be sure its not backwards

Thanks for the Info...Appreciate it

Back