96 warrior cuts out 3/4 when riding

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justim814

Reaction score
Have a 96 warrior that cuts out when I hit about 3/4 throttle ha e rebuilt the carb multiple time have tried a 140, 145, and a 147.5 and it still has not changed tried 2 different carbs with still results I have bypassed the Neutral switch and the reverse for the rev Limiter usually can work these problems out..any one have any ideas or could no what it is maybe a relay...i even checked my woodruff key to make sure that didn't break it's good

start blaming the stator... i fought my carb all summer and when i finally got pissed enough i changed that stator (which was showing half the resistance as it should) and things suddenly we back to excellent

eh "cuts out" is kind of a general description... mine would stammer and act like a complete piece of junk when it was getting wound out... no amount of jet changing or cleaning would fix it... finially i broke down and bought a stator and it runs beautifully again... start by testing your stator.. you should be able to find plenty of info on that with a search

Last edited:
That's what mine is doing when I get high in the rpm it just falls on its face it jerks pops till I shift up a gear then when I hit about the same point in the throttle it starts all over Agian

yep im going to blame the pickup coil... check it with a multimeter... or i think maybe i read somewhere else that you already ordered a new stator...

I havnt yet order one I have 2 parts motor I will test mine then try one of those if it is bad I will test it today and let ya know

I have test that stator and pick up coil my pick up coil is reading 250.1 witch I think it should at least be at a 275.. the white and read is at a 467 witch it the primary coil I think..and the 3 white phase wires is at a .7 so I am going to try a new pick up coil and see is that helps anything

Well just an update the problem is fixed come to find out it was the accelerator pump..the rod was just a little tweaked not letting in be pushed down so straightened it out and put a better spring and the valve stem cap on it and she rides like a dream now..thanks for the input

ok cool, hope that truly does fix it and its just not a fluke. you may have actually cleaned up the stator connection when unplugged it and plugged it back in also... not saying i cant be wrong, just saying that i dont think the accelerator pump has much to do with cruising at a steady throttle position... either way, all that matters is that it runs!

Back