99 Warrior/Swingarm Pivot-Bolt/Spacer Issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRSZILLA

Reaction score
Hi i have been recently working on my 99 Warrior & i just got my Swingarm back from paint, So i installed the Needle Bearings on ether side of the Swingarm, Greased them up & when i went to slide the Pivot Bushing through it was hard to get threw the side i started with so i went to the other side & it slid right threw & when i get to the other bearing it gets a little rough & i would have to hit it to get it in a little but i knew something was wrong cause it should slide right threw like the other side....I tried a new set of needle bearings with same result & same side

I did put it all the way threw & it would barley even spin, Had to use alot of effort to spin it once i slid threw & hit the other bearing

The Bearings went into the swingarm with no issue at all...I did not have to beat them...Lol

Like i said with the other bearing it will slide threw good & spin freely & on the opposite side it is rough to get threw & rough to spin but the (needles in the bearing on the problem side spin & feel fine when checking with my finger)

Has anyone see this issue before & what would be causing this ? My first thought is swingarm is bent somehow but it looks perfect everywhere

Also all parts are new that i am installing & swingarm was fully cleaned before installing

Would Appreciate any help on this...Thanks

Last edited:
The pivot tube could slightly be warped from the factory after welding. Even my lonestar is the same as you described. If it were mine, I'd let er eat and ride lol

The Tube is from pivot works & looks to be straight, there is some scuff damage at that end of the swingarm but i don't think its the tube...if anything i was thinking there may be a tiny bump or bur & when i start the bearing the damage is already done when fully seated...Maybe lol

I just got another swingarm today so ill slide the tube threw it & see what happens & at least eliminate the tube then it would have to be the swingarm end that's damaged, when i cleaned up the swingarm & had it painted i cleaned the inside with steal wool Ect & blew it out an wiped it clean... & it felt fine so im not 100% sure it's because of that it was just a thought

Thanks...Appreciate it

Also if it was warped i should be able to install the tube through that bearing to start with at least...which i can't it won't even slide through a hair from the problem side....it will only go in a bit from the good side then into the problem bearing side...it's weird

i think the bearing is getting ever so slightly ovaled or out of shape/not circle completely you know but bearly noticeable

Back