Terrapro Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKid

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of my Terrapro I restored.

The first four pictures is what it looked like when I brought it home. It wouldn't run. it would fire with fluid so I knew the carb was probably clogged. Needed front brakes fixed. Seat repair. Faded plastic finish and a lot more.

I was fortunely I was able to get the owners manual and the manual to the finish mower. BIG BIG plus.

I stripped off all the plastic to I could checkout the wiring and make repairs to cables that either where damages or missing,

The front brakes was missing a cable and had to be replaced and adjusted.

Part of the cooling system is an air cooled forced air fan. I took it apart to check the belt. it looked new and tight. Good deal.

All this plastic was in sad shape. When I peeled off decals there was quite a difference in color. So I went to work on all the plastic. I used a four stage wetsanding to removed the badly faded plastic. I then took a heat gun and swirled it close to the sanded plastic and the majic started to happen. The finish laid back down like new but not shiney like new. So I wet sanded again with 2000 grit and shot it with some automotive clear coat made for flexing like what is put of bumpers. Decals where applied and the old girl was starting to look new.

The original blue seat had two bad puncture holes in it. This allowed moisture to get into the foam. So I pulled all the staples out and removed the damaged cover to dry out. I had some left over new Naugahyde left over from a hotrod project and decided to recover the seat. I had to buy an air driver stapler to penetrate the nylon seat frame. It turned out great. I like the grey look too.

Pictures of the finished product. Now on to the FM-48 finish mower. I'm re-creating all the decals since they are out of print. I brought a vinyl plotter/cutter on ebay and a bundle of sign vinyl and will have them ready soon. So far they look just as good as the original. In fact I may make a few sets of them in case some others need them.

Stay tuned.. As Yoda said to ObiWon.. "There is another" -TheKid

I have more pictures of the restoration. Let me know if you want to see them.

Last edited:
Wow, I saw one of these complete not to long ago and I paused and decided "Nah" lol

This progress makes me want to look and see if he dropped the price.

Beautiful man

Why was this thread put with pictures? It's an ongoing build. It is neither a Warrior or Raptor. I was about to ad more documentation to this build plus I have another I was going to post with it. It was in the General area which you group offtopic with it. You move it without saying anything to the OP. Please explain.

This should have been moved to the build section. It is a 350 based platform so it qualifies.
It was moved because it was in the wrong section.

Maybe I should just move it off the forum. It's not a custom, race bike. It's a utility bike. Maybe no one is interested. Maybe there was complaints. Who knows.. It is part of Yamaha history though. It is a 350cc. It is a cousin to the Moto4 and the Big Bear. It is still an on going project. It is a ATV with a PTO made only one year. I was looking for a forum to post progress in not just pictures.

Who says we don't enjoy utility bike builds! It was just moved because it was in the wrong section! Lol
The administration just likes to keep the site neat and organized. That's why it was moved.

Why was this thread put with pictures? It's an ongoing build. It is neither a Warrior or Raptor. I was about to ad more documentation to this build plus I have another I was going to post with it. It was in the General area which you group offtopic with it. You move it without saying anything to the OP. Please explain.

Deep breath dude, we ALL want to see more!!!!!!!!

Who says we don't enjoy utility bike builds! It was just moved because it was in the wrong section! Lol
The administration just likes to keep the site neat and organized. That's why it was moved.
Is it a build or a picture thread? It's been deemed a picture thread while I'm building or restoring parts of it. I have two to document. Someone here suggested I create a build thread. I did that. Well it's now a picture thread. Deep breath? It seems the moderators are confused as to where to put it.:eek:hno:

I agree.:argh:
Its a build thread for sure not sure who move it here.. But before all the pissing and moaning in threads try pm ing a mod or Admin and ask why..Im sure they would have a know problem fixing and telling you why and what they moved your thread.. I will put in the right section for you..But your builds awesome keep going :tup:

Its a build thread for sure not sure who move it here.. But before all the pissing and moaning in threads try pm ing a mod or Admin and ask why..Im sure they would have a know problem fixing and telling you why and what they moved your thread.. I will put in the right section for you..But your builds awesome keep going :tup:
I beleive I hit the report button.. mods must have dozed off. :slayer: :haha:

:laughup:

I do appreciate you moving this to the correct area. Had I own there was a build thread it would have went here from the beginning. This is a unique ATV and many I'm sure didn't know it even existed.

I have a second Terrapro I will be adding to this thread along with it's attachments. Thanks for your help. -kid

Are you going to sell one, keep both, or what? Cool piece of equipment if I do say so myself. There is a complete one near Houston for $2500. I'd definitely restore one, and use it if I could find one for around $1000.

No problem your welcome. I'm sure there aren't many people that know about them I did my father had one when I was young lol. But keep up on your post your doing a sweet job!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Are you going to sell one, keep both, or what? Cool piece of equipment if I do say so myself. There is a complete one near Houston for $2500. I'd definitely restore one, and use it if I could find one for around $1000.
I have planned on selling on of them with an attachment. The FM-48 finish mower to be exact. May have to wait till warmer weather to paint it though. It has stayed in the thirties or lower here for over a week. The mower like the AtV. Will be gone over completely and receive fresh paint and decals. The price, I haven't decided yet. i'll say this it will be considerably more than the average one for sale out there. -kid

Back